Chapter Ten: Plots and Persecutions

"Ludwig...? What're you doing?" Bowser asked his older brother as he stood broodingly in hiding and watched the battle commence. Ludwig gave a small grunt. His hands were folded behind his back, twiddling his claws as he lost himself deep in thought. Bowser Junior puffed- he hated being ignored. "Ludwig! Why are you staring at them?!" He yelled in his squeaky voice. The older koopa gave a louder grunt, but that was all. Bowser Junior went up to him, grabbed a lock of his sleek blue hair, and have it a nice, hard tug. This didn't seem very effective, not unless he was trying to irritate him.

Ludwig angrily fixed his hair back into place and continued staring over the battle scene. He sneered evilly, showing one, razor sharp, snaggly fang. "Patience, dear brother. Patience is key." He crooned, making the youngest koopaling shiver. Bowser Junior growled. "STOP BEING CREEPY!!!!" He yelled, but to no avail. He grunted and stormed off.

Meanwhile, the Mario brothers were screaming at the top of their lungs when they saw an unconscious princess imprisoned in the ghost bubble. Two koopa guards had thrusted her inside, muttering and telling Mario and Luigi to shut up. Mario ran to her side and gently lifted her into a more comfortable position when he saw her eyes flutter open. "Princess!" He squealed, taking her gloved hand. Peach groaned groggily and looked at him. "Mario! You're alive!" She sighed in relief. "The Koopas caught you too..." Luigi defeatedly said. Peach recounted the events of the battle, then they discussed what Bowser's secret plan might be, but this only seemed to lead to more questions and worries.

There was a long, silent pause.