Chapter Six: A Prank Gone Too Far

"Mom? I haven't seen you in forever!" Bowser Junior was crying in joy and hugging the waist of the Koopa woman. She hugged him back, smiling softly and saying nothing. No words were needed. After a moment, Junior spoke up again. "M-mom... I missed you a lot..." He said. The woman nodded and stroked his tuft of red hair. "I've missed you too, Junior. You've grown into a great Koopa, just like your father, in fact... I am very proud of you." Junior blushed softly and giggled like a child, cuddling into her. He felt so safe and cozy in her arms.

"Wait... King dad said you disappeared one day... Where did you go? I-I thought... I thought you..." Junior faded out. A claw gently went against his lips, shushing him. "That isn't important now. What IS imported is the fact that you fell for this!" The Koopa woman laughed and laughed, removing her hand. Junior's joyous expression immediately shattered into pieces. "W-what....???" He asked.

The lady took a magic wand out from inside her blue shell. It was the white one. It looked like it fit so perfectly in her hands. In the portrait, she was wearing a velvet dress and her hands were crossed in her lap. Emerald rings adorned her claws and a white wand, shiny and new, rested in her grasp. Junior had inherited it, but seldom used it. It's not that he didn't want to use it during battle, or that he didn't like magic. It's that whenever he looked at it, he was reminded of his mother.

She took the wand and pointed it at herself, shapeshifting into none other than...

Wendy?!

Bowser Junior gasped and stared in shock, hurt, and confusion. "B-but... Wendy...? What happened to-" "It was me, loser. I stole your wand and transformed into your mother!" Wendy laughed evilly. The young Koopa was on the verge of tears. "B-b-but... Why...." He said, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand. She sneered. "Because I thought I could use a laugh." She said, strutting off as her heels clicked against the floor. She carelessly dropped his wand on the floor with a flick of her claws, leaving a sobbing Bowser Jr. behind her.

Luigi gasped. That was awful, even for a Koopa. But... That wand... It was just left there on the ground, up for Luigi to take! If he had that magic wand- why, he could rid the Mushroom Kingdom of the Koopas!

Morton and Larry were shocked by their sister's actions and hurtful words. They slowly went over to Junior's side, only to have him run away, crying his eyes out. The two sighed and walked out after a moment. They noticed a lanky, green-capped man hiding behind a potted plant. Morton grabbed him and held him there, while Larry tapped his foot with his arms crossed. "Well, well, well. Look what we have here! A spy." He snickered and ran a hand through his blue hair. Morton smirked as his grip tightened on the plumber. Luigi was scared speechless, and simply let out a squeak. An evil sneer spread across Morton's face. "Ah, this'll be fun. You're comin' with us, Green 'Stache."