Chapter Nine: SOS

"Princess... The Mario Brothers have not returned... We've received no messages from them indicating their safety, or any information on Bowser's plans." Toadsworth, the princess's advisor, said. "I fear that they may be-" "IMPOSSIBLE." Peach interrupted. "They're the Mario Brothers, they're unstoppable, they're the best heroes our kingdom has ever seen! And they cannot have been defeated by Bowser Koopa!" She denied anything that would lead to the proof of the Bros' defeat. But no matter how hard she tried to ignore it, she still worried, deep deep down, that what Toadsworth feared could be true.

She sat on her throne, head in her hands, and prayed for help. Coincidentally, a toad ran in, screeching. "PRINCESS PEEEEEEEEEEEEEACH!!!!!!!!"

Peach hopped up, intently listening to whatever this toad may have to say. She had been desperate for any helpful news or information. He huffed and puffed for breath, having run a long way. "The Bros...! They... Bowser... Capture... Haaaaalp...." He fainted. Peach stared in shock. Toadsworth had the messenger toad sent to the hospital wing of the castle as the princess debated ideas in her head. She was furious. This was unlike Bowser's typical doing. He had captured various people countless times, and greater, more malicious and evil threats have arisen here and there, but nothing the Bros couldn't handle. This put her at ease. A little. But she tensed up again every moment she was reminded that Mario and Luigi were gone and the kingdom was vulnerable to any kind of attack.

The doors of Bowser Castle swung open. Peach stood there, with a cavalry of toad soldiers on yoshis by her side. "Bowser Koopa, release the Mario Brothers!" She barked.

Bowser growled, but then he smirked. Perfect. This was absolutely perfect. He roared and Kamek stepped out of seemingly nowhere and ordered Koopa troops about. Bowser breathed fire in different directions as toads scattered about. The battle had started.

Deep in the recesses and dungeons of the castles, the Mario Brothers were pacing back and forth as sounds of small explosion would emanate from the Koopa throne room. Everything went quiet, and then cheers erupted from the silence. Luigi smiled in hope. His smile faded when he heard a loud, "GWAHAHAHA!!!" In a rough, grumbly voice. A look of horror spread across both of their faces. "Oh no... Koopa's done it. We're doomed." Mario said nervously. "The Mushroom Dynasty is coming to an end