Christmas

After I stayed with James, my dad wanted me to stay home with him because Christmas eve was the next day. I kept in touch with James and he said that since I helped the day before and a Supernatural fan posted it online, tons of people were now donating. I guess thats a way to get people to help.

On Christmas day, though, I realized just how much I helped. Of course, my day had to start off opening presents 'Santa' got me.

I was laying in my bed, dreaming about eating a taco when I felt a small person jump on me. "Get up, sissy! Santa came! Santa came!" She shouted in my ear.

"Oh, J.J. just let me finish my taco." I pouted, turning the other way. She threw herself over my body to be in my face again.

"No, sissy! Santa was here! He has presents underneath our tree." She continued, trying to open my eyes with her little fingers. I just groaned and sat up slowly. She cheered and ran out my room. I was half tempted to just lay back down and sleep more but I knew my dad was coming in next. Sighing, I stood up and walked slowly to the room with our tree, finding many wrapped presents. I didn't even notice J.J. was there until she jumped on my back from standing on the couch. How the heck are kids so hyper on Christmas? J.J. is usually a snail of a morning! I flopped on the couch, careful not to hurt my sister.

"Where's mom and dad?" I asked.

"Coffee." She told me. I nodded and we had to sit and wait on them. It was the worst part of every Christmas, waiting on mom and dad with the presents underneath the tree taunting us.

"Oh, I'm coming for you." I muttered to a specific wrapped present. Soon mom and dad came in and we dove into the presents. I got a lot of clothes (beanies and hoodies and such), a new phone case, new bed sheets, a few different art things (sketch pad, markers, shading pencils) some other things I've already forgotten about and candy. J.J. got little kid toys and such. I gave mom a bracelet and dad I gave a mug because I honestly had no idea what else to get them. We were all laughing and stuff when my phone rang. "Hello?"

"Sara! You should come help us hand out all the presents!" James' voice shouted in my ear. I literally had to move my phone slightly away from my ear, making me smile.

"Well, I would but I don't know if my dad will let me leave on Christmas." I told him.

"Just ask!" He said. "Please please please please please-"

"Okay, okay, chill!" I laughed. "You sound like Mel, my goodness." I heard him laugh on the other end as I walked to where my dad was. He and mom were in the kitchen while J.J. was playing with her new toys. "Hey, guys. James wants to know if I can help give out presents from the toy drive we did the other day." I told them. They looked at each other and Mom nodded.

"I think it's fine." Dad looked like he wanted to argue so mom continued. "She's doing good. We aren't doing anything anyway." Dad sighed and looked at me.

"Will you be home later?" He asked.

"Who knows?" I shrugged. "I'll be sure to let you know, though." He sighed and I smiled at him. "I love you."

"I love you too." He smiled.

"This means I can?" I asked.

"Is he going to pick you up?" Dad questioned.

"Already on the way!" James said, hearing dad's question. I laughed and nodded.

"Yeah, he's already on the way." I told my dad. He sighed and nodded.

"Fine. Be careful and have fun." He said. I smiled and hugged him.

"I will. Thanks daddy." He nodded and hugged me back before I sprinted to my room to get dressed. Once I was done, I heard a knock on the door. I ran to it and saw James smiling.