Chapter 11: Prepared or not?

@Emma's house 

It was almost five o'clock when Emma and Henry got home. Emma kept thinking about that 'meeting' she has with killian at Granny's. 

She hopes it will stay just a meeting. However, Emma does really think Killian is a guy she can trust and rely on.

Silly, he is a teacher of your son! Don't forget that. Emma tells herself: 'this is not right. I  can't trust none of those guys and this will be just like every meeting I have ever had in my life."

Emma didn't know that she got it all wrong and that this one meeting she has won't be an ordinary one.

"Mom, what are we eating today?" 

Oh shoot I forget all about that!  

Emma remains silent for a while, thinking about what she should tell her son. She hasn't told him that she would have a dinner with his teacher at Granny's today, yet. 

"Mom?" Henry waited for an answer that he didn't get from his mother. Henry thought his mother was acting weird, especially today after she went to see Mr. Killian. 

"Sorry, Henry. There's something I actually really really forgot to tell you and -uhm...I have a meeting, a very significant one, with your teacher, Mr uhm what was his name again?" Emma tries to pretend like it's not a big deal for her.

"Mr. Killian?"

"Yes, yes. Killian is his name." She acted like she had forgotten his name, hoewever she did not.

Henry was confused. What do his mother and his History teacher have to discuss?  And where are they doing discussing it?  And most important:  What is he eating tonight? 

"Where will the meeting take place?"

"Granny's, we'll eat something while discussing some stuff. Henry, don't worry and please stop suspect anything bad. If there's anything you'll be the first to know. I assure you there won't be."

"What should I eat?"

"There is pizza in the freezer, I'll put it in the oven for you before I leave."

"Oh, alright. In that case.. Have fun tonight with that meeting you have." A smirk appeared on Henry's face. 

"HENRY!"

Emma immediately grabbed the nearest pillow she saw and threw it towards Henry.

@Killian's place

"Killian, Listen. You and me at granny's tonight. Got something to tell you." Damon says over the phone.

"Damon, that is quite an unexpected request. Unfortunately mate, I am busy tonight."

Damon put on his confused face and soon realised that Killian couldn't see him so he replied: "You have other plans? Since when? With who?"

"It's a meeting with a parent of one of my students."

A smirk appeared immediately on Damon's face.

"A meeting.. with a parent... interesting.

Is that parent male or female, Killian."

"It's a female, Damon. Stop asking questions, it's most probably about her son.

"Alright, Alright. Just one more question!! What is her name?"

"Why do you even want to know?

Although, her name is Emma, I believe Emma Swan."

Damon's eyes widen up be hearing the name. 

That is the name of Elena's bestfriend. But perhaps it's someone else with the same name...

If it was Emma as in Elena's bestfriend then Damon knew it'd be a great opportunity for him to get closer to Elena. He just wasn't sure about this case yet...

"Killian?"

"Yes?"

"Don't you think it's time to, you know, bring someone in your life. Someone you can share secrets with and do all that cheesy stuff people nowadays do. Do you understand what I'm trying to say?"

Killian sighed.

"Damon, do you realise that the one we are talking about is a parent of one of my students as I told you before? Nothing can happen, even if I wanted to."

"So you do want anything to happen?"

"Damon, I'm hanging up. I have to be there in 20 minutes."

"Scared to come late?"

killian hung up after that last question. 

Why is Damon making such a big thing of this? It's just a meeting. Emma Swan seems a great woman but not like that.

@Emma's place

Emma was checking hersef out in the mirror. She was going to pick her carkeys until she noticed that Elena was calling her. 

"Heyy, Emma!"

"Elena."

"Wow, Emma, I'm doing great , thanks for asking." Elena said a bit sarcastic.

Emma chuckled slightly.

"Sorry. Alright, let's start over... Heeyy Elena, how are you? Glad you called."

"HA HA, very funny, Emma. What were you doing acutally?"

"I was just getting ready."

"Getting ready? you're going somewhere and you didn't even tell me, how could you?!"

Emma laughed and then said: "I have a meeting with the teacher of Henry and uhm.. it's at Granny's."

"You and a teacher of Henry at Granny's?" 

"Yes, Killian."

"Killiaaannn?!!" Elena was surprised and happy at the same time.

"Yes. Why? Is there something wrong!? I swear he is the one who suggested to meet at Granny's."

"No, No. There is nothing wrong. I'm just happy you're actually going out."

"Elena!! This is a meeting!! I'm not going out!"

Elena sighed.

"Well, you should."

"Not with a teacher of Henry. Henry suspected the same thing as you did. Do you actually realise how awkward that is? Having your  son thinking that you and his teacher are dating."

"Since I'm still in college and I'm single and I don't have any childeren, I don't really know.

A question for you, Emma. Do you know how lame it is? Having a bestfriend who plans on staying single forever?"

Emma rolled her eyes.

"I should go, I don't like being late on important meetings.

By the way, how is Stefan?"

"Uhm-eh he is fine, handsome as always."

"Are you guys dating yet or what? It's pretty clear that you're totally into him and after what you told me, I'd say he's into you as well."

"Well, let's hope you're right."

"Okay. I have to go, byee!"

"Have fun with your date!"

Emma was about to reply to that but didn't get the chance to, because Elena already hung up.