Chapter 13: Our crazy, yet awesome plan

"Okay, what's the plan?" 

Damon told Elena about his genius plan.

Elena reached out for her phone and called the restaurant. 

"This is Granny

How can we help you?"

Elena gestured to Damon that they picked up so that he could pay attention. 

"I'm having hard time helping my best friend with her date. I was hoping you guys could help me out with that."

"And how can we help you with that?"

"Is it possible if you could provide a romantic sphere around them, talk to them as if they were a couple and put down some  candles and roses on their table."

"Alright, can you give us their names?"

"Emma Swan and Killian Jones.

Oh and can u serve them something special? We'll pay for it afterward."

"Alright, got it."

And with that Elena hung up. 

"Well done.

With my brilliant idea and your great way of handling stuff, we make a perfect couple."

"I meant team. " He quickly corrected himself.

Elena's eyes got wide open by hearing that word 'couple' and she soon felt her cheeks heat up. 

"Yeah." She finally managed to say. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Is it okay if I just call you Killian from now on?" Emma asked sounding quiet insecure. 

A smile appeared immediately on Killian's face. 

"Yeah, I'd actually love that. 

Emma."

Emma caught herself staring at him and instantly began to feel weird. 

I better end this quickly before anything I'm not prepared for happens.

Right at the moment Emma wanted to start talking, she got interrupted by one of the waiters. 

He put down some candles and roses and lit the candles. 

"Excuse me, what is going on?"

"I am sorry miss, but this is just one of the orders we got."

Emma and Killian looked at each other and start laughing, knowing that this must be their best friend's request.

As soon as the waiter was done setting up their table, another one appeared with food. 

"We didn't even order anything, yet?" Killian questioned. 

The waiter remained silent, gave them a little smile and walked away. 

Emma kept staring at the table, not knowing what to say. 

"Well, I can tell Damon has been busy." Killian muttered. 

Emma heard it and got surprised by what she heard. 

"Damon? I thought it was Elena who did this. Because she-" Emma didn't want to finish her sentence, she was afraid of his reaction and the rest of the night would just become awkward/ 

"Let met guess." Killian began with a little smirk on his face. It wasn't an arrogant smirk, it was a cute one.

Then he continues saying: "She wants you to start dating again because you've been single for a long a time?"

Emma started to laugh slightly; "Well yeah, she really does. Some things happened and she just wants me to get over it so quickly."

"Believe it or not, I deal with the same issue." 

Emma felt kinda safe with Killian. She almost told him about her biggest issue in life. And for Killian, it felt like he knew her for a long time but he had to remember that she is still a mother of one of his students.

Both remained silent and start eating their meal. 

Damon and Elena continued staring at their friends. Both staring through the window. Elena noticed Damon stealing some glances. 

"I am very proud of us." Elena said looking over at Damon. 

Damon, who seemed to be deep in his thoughts, looked surprised at first, but then a little smirk appeared on his face. 

"I think that, whenever I'm stuck on anything, I will call you and tell you to come over so we can come up with another genius plan, like this time."

Elena felt a feeling of joy running through her body, she did gave him her number so it's not impossible for him to call her. 

"It will be my pleasure to help you out." She said and for the first time she managed to put on a smirk on her face.

Damon stepped a little closer towards Elena. Elena's mind kept telling her to step backwards, for more space, but she didn't. She stayed there as if she was taped to the ground. 

"You actually have no idea how happy that makes me.

I am afraid.. that once I get home I will start looking for troubles so I can hear.." Elena's wasn't herself anymore, at least not when she is having to hear Damon's husky voice. 

"... your voice again." He finishes his sentence. 

"I-I- don't think that is the right thing to do." 

Damon chuckles, taking another step closer towards her. 

"I know.

But I can't deny the fact that it does feel right for me."

He reaches out for her hand, leaning in closer. 

Elena felt her hand began to feel sweaty and she was grateful for the night because that way Damon won't be able to see her tomato head. 

Damon continues leaning in closer and closer...

"Elena" "Damon"

They both turned around to see who called their names.