Strength

Elle’s P.O.V.

This was the first time that I had to live alone, but it’s something I have been wanting for ever since I turned 16. College was the perfect time to start being independent.
I walked towards my new college “University of Cheshire”, I sighed and slowly walked in the gates where I quickly started to remember my last high school. Oh how I wished I had friends with me. But I was alone, I had no friends and I was yet to meet my roommate.

I prayed to the heavens that my roommate was a nice, sweet and kind girl but as I walked in my room, my eyes widened like I was paralyzed. I suddenly remembered how the campus allowed boys and girls to share rooms and my heart sunk once I saw a curly haired boy with a lot of tattoos that looked around 19 in his sophomore year, college.
I placed my bag on the side of my bed whilst I felt the curly haired boy’s eyes stare at me like daggers. My bed was rugged and tiny, I wasn’t used to this. Because back in Washington, my parents were Dentists and they got a pretty high salary. I had a perfect house, perfect family, lots of money and my parents loved me, but I didn’t really appreciate any of that.
Backing into reality, I tried to start a conversation with the man I’d be spending the rest of my school year with, oh joy.

“Hey, I’m Elle. I’m new here, I guess we’re roommates?” I say trying to seem polite. I was never really the polite kind of girl, I always was cold hearted ever since I lost my boyfriend back in Senior Year. It broke me and now I am putting THICK walls up.

“I’m Harry. That’s all you have to know, prick.” He answers back, walking out the door.

“Wow ok, that was rude. “ I whisper to myself holding the urge to go after him and ask him what his problem was.

I took my really heavy suitcase and started to unpack. I didn’t really organize my stuff in a very decent way but I made sure that my side of the room was neat and clean unlike Harry’s side of the room that was filled with junk and all those food wrappings. I could even see some condom packs. What the hell?

A few minutes later, I decided to go around and check out the campus because I really needed to go and get my classes from finance. I pull out a sweatshirt and walk out the horrible Room 52.

The school was huge! The campus was filled with grassy parks and there were a lot of couples under the tree. The classrooms were huge and every board was as big as a ship, well not really but it was huge. I continued to walk around until I finally got lost.

“Where the hell am I?” I whisper to myself. Well, I thought I whispered.

“Hey, I’m Trin, are you new here?” A red head approaches me. She somewhat had a few tattoos on her arms and one on her chest.

“Hey. I’m Elle, yeah.. I’m new here, I’m kind of lost.” I say being very kind, stuttering a bit. I didn’t really know how to act because I really needed friends and she really seemed nice.

“Where do you need to go?” she asks, “I can show you round.” She offers.

“Yes, I’d love that.”

“Sure, let’s go to the finance first to get your class schedules okay?”
I nod back at her and followed her. Trin seemed really nice and she saved me from that hall.

“So, what’s your dorm number?” I ask trying to start a conversation.

“Oh, Room 54. I stay there with my boyfriend Zayn.” She pauses, “What about you?”

“WOAH. We live near each other! I’m in Room 52.” I say and she stops dead in her tracks and looking at me with a very horrified-worried-shocked looked. Uhhh.

“Wait, you mean the room with Harry Styles?” she asks with worry all over her voice.

“Yeah, Harry. Why?”

“Elle, she’s not someone to be hanging out with. I mean Zayn is really close with him but Harry plays with girls. Every party we go to he ends up hooking up with someone and just leaves them dry. He never really cared for anyone but his mom. He even hates Gemma! His own sister.” She says as a black haired boy hugs her from behind.

“Hey honey.” The black haired boy says and kisses Trin’s cheek. Oh he must be Zayn. Why is it that everyone I was meeting had tattoos?

“What’s wrong?” Zayn asks his girlfriend.

“Honey, this is Elle. She’s living with Harry.” Trin says and Zayn’s arms drop, even he was in shock.

“Shit. Elle, whatever you do.. Don’t fall for him. He’s nothing but trouble.” Zayn warns me as I see
the worry all around his face.

 They honestly had nothing to worry about because I really had no intentions of having feelings for anybody because I couldn’t let the past repeat itself. I won’t let myself fall for him.

“Guys, calm down. I won’t,” I assure them. “Now can you take me to finance Trin?” I smile.

Her smile reappears and she grabs my hand kissing Zayn’s cheek.

“I’ll see you back at the dorm later love.” Zayn says letting go of her.

We walked towards the finance as we talked about stuff that girls didn’t really talk about. We had a lot of things in common and the one I’m proud of is that we’re both not the girly kind, we both liked singing and we both took dance classes. Cool. I guess I finally made a friend.
Once we reach finance, we both walk in to get my classes. Did I mention Trin was a sophomore?
Anyways, here in this school, sophomores take classes together with the freshmen and the 3rd year and 4th year do the same. I practically got all of Trin’s classes. Not to brag, but I am a really smart kid. Classes were starting tomorrow and I couldn’t even wait to graduate. Once we got my schedules, we then started walking back to the dorm rooms.