Chapter 6

Elle’s P.O.V.

“What the hell?” Niall and I let go of each other as I walk towards Harry, holding his right arm.

“Look honey! Niall bought me a necklace!” I say and point out the dangling locket on my neck. Niall twitches but I know Harry wouldn’t hurt him whenever I was around.

“Oh he did?” he says in a somewhat threatening way. He looks at Niall and I rest my hands on his torso to calm him down. I was getting scared but I had to hold my ground because if I yell at him now, I know it’ll just end up worse.

“Yeah. It’s a locket, I was thinking of putting a picture of us here.” I say and look up at Harry. Both their faces filled with surprise and I could see Harry fully calm down.

“You were?” Harry asks in awe.

“Yes, I was, I’ll see you in class. I just need to tell Niall something.” I say and he starts to stiffen again.

“I’ll be there soon, I promise,” I say and kiss his cheek, “I love you.” And with that he left us in the hallway. I honestly didn’t know what I was doing, or saying but I knew that I would have to get ready to explain myself to Niall. This probably really hurt him. As I turn back to Niall, he has red eyes once more and tears that were fighting to keep in. It was heart breaking and I didn’t really get why he was so affected because it hasn’t really been that long that we knew each other so it wasn’t like any of them had a claim for me.

“So you’re with Harry now?” his tears finally break free and I could feel myself tearing up too.

“No. I didn’t mean what I said, I was just finding a way to make him calm down.”

“Oh so you lied then? You’re lying like how you lied when you fed me all those bullshit and I see you now with Harry.” he steps towards me. I quickly move back and say,

“What?!” my eyes widen. “How dare you? I just saved you a fight from Harry!” I scream as soft as I can.
As much as that hurt me, I can’t help but feel guilty as well.

“No, Elle. I’m sorry.” He tries to reach for my hand but I jolt it away with bloodshot in my eyes. I was furious and I didn’t get him. Neither of them had a claim on me and they both had no say in what I do. I back up and run away as I hear Niall repeatedly scream for my name but I didn’t have it in me to look back. I was too upset and they have seen me cry enough so instead of getting back to class, I run towards our dorm room.

 I sobbed in Harry’s bed because I felt better there and I just really needed someone there but I couldn’t pull him out of class.

I held onto the necklace and began to sob even more. I was sad and my body was shaking. It wasn’t the cold or anything but I couldn’t take it anymore. The eyeliner on my face started smudging down and I could see a little of them get smeared on Harry’s shirt. I silently curse to myself for getting make up on his shirt but for once I didn’t mind that much. I was too sad and unable to function properly.

After a whole hour of crying, my eyes were drowsy and I could barely keep them up. I had to shut them and I end up sleeping on Harry’s bed.

When I wake up, I see Harry on my bed sitting down. His elbows on his knees and his hands were on his face.

“Harry?” I ask and he immediately looks back at me with worry and panic all over his face.

“Baby? Are you okay? What’s wrong? Are you hurt?  Do you need anything? What happened? Baby do you need ice or a hug or a kiss or-“ I place my index finger on his plump lips and tell him to calm down. He was so freaked out and I didn’t know why. It wasn’t like I got physically hurt or anything.