Chapter 6

*Green Room In New Orleans*

"The bunny is so fluffy" I say as I sit across from Danny who peaks over to the side spying on Merritt and Henley. "Dude, just ask her out and quit spying on her" I say to him stroking Fluffy's fur and feeding her carrots.

"I don't like Henley" Danny states and I roll my eyes.

"Riiiight" I say giving him an unconvinced look and he glares at me and Jack cracks a smile before a slight knock is at the door.

"Pardon the intrusion. I just wanted to wish you good luck tonight" the voice of Thaddeus Bradley stands out and I try not to flinch but straighten my poster slightly as Danny starts messing with his cards as he had been practicing some new trick.

"What, so you can try to expose us later on your little website?" Jack asks with a scoff.

"And on Demand"

"That's not gonna happen." Henley scoffs.

"Oh, no? Operating on a special plane because of The Eye? I heard it's a lovely place. Lots of sunshine and moonbeams. Make any magician's wish comes true" Bradley says mockingly. "You've come a long was much further than anyone would have expected of a bunch of wanna-bes and has-beens" he continued.

"If by 'has-been' you're referring to me, I just wanna say I'm flattered," Merritt says standing up, "because I always considered myself a never was. Uh, do you mind if I do a quick read on you?" Merritt asks and I try to hide my smirk as I stand up to stand next to Merritt still stroking Fluffy.

"By all means"

"Okay, I'm picturing a little boy. He wants to be a great magician someday" Merritt starts to say as he puts his dress jacket on. "And though he's good, he's not quite good enough. So he ends up at the bottom of the entertainment food chain, feeding off of those who have the talent that he never did. Tell me. Am I getting close?" Merritt tells him then asks but Bradley doesn't respond and Danny gets up.

"Wait. Before you go. I'm working on something new. Do you have a second?" Danny asks him but doesn't wait for him to answer as both Henley and Jack get up to join us standing. "Okay. Name a card"

"King of hearts" Bradley names out.

"Knew it" Merritt says pointing at Bradley like 'gotcha'

"Okay" Danny says and snaps his fingers right by the deck in his hand but nothing happens and he shakes the deck again as if it wasn't working then finally blows on it before looking back up at Bradley.

"It's up your left sleeve" Bradley states.

"Is it?" Danny asks and I peek over as he pulls his sleeve to get a look at what is in his sleeve, which is nothing, "No. No, I don't see it up there. You know, why don't you check you unnecessary velveteen pocket there?" Danny asks pointing at his pocket, "Yeah"

Bradley pulls out a card saying "SUCK IT"

"Ah, anyway, thank you so much for coming by, but this is kind of a talent only area, so..." Danny says only for Bradley to toss the card on the floor.

"Break a leg," he tells us.

"Hey, you break something too" Merritt says making me try and cover my smile with Fluffy only for Henley to try and reach for her.

"No! MY RABBIT!" I shriek out holding Fluffy close to me without squeezing her and out of Henley's reach with a slight glare as she raises her hands in defense.

"Alright, alright I won't take the bunny..." she starts to say

"FLUFFY!" I yell at her stating the bunny's name.

"Fluffy, I won't take Fluffy away" she says and I smirk triumphantly sticking my tongue out at her. You wouldn't think I was a 37 year old by how I acted.

"Right we need to get ready, everyone have their tracking bracelets?" Danny asks and I shift my eyes away from Danny not wanting him to question me about my bracelet as it was still in Vegas and without a battery because it was bugging me completely and was too bulky to wear. Plus the constant buzz it was spewing was annoying.

"Harmony?" Danny asks and I try to ignore him only for him to throw one of the pillows at me and I shield Fluffy from it.

"DANIEL! THAT COULD OF HIT FLUFFY!" I yell at him only for him to roll his eyes.

"I was asking about your tracking bracelet I need to re-scan it" he tell me and I shift my feet around.

"Idon'thaveit. It'sstillinVegaswihtoutabattery" I mumble out and he furrows his brows.

"What?" he asks and I sigh knowing this wasn't a conversation I wanted to have.

"I don't have it. It's still in Vegas without a battery in it" I say slower and not as mumbled as the previous time.

"YOU LEFT IT IN VEGAS?!?!?" Danny yells out and I nod.

"It was annoying and bulky and causing a fashion clad with everything I was going to wear the next few days." I tell him shrugging, "It will be fine, I'll just stick with someone who has one and hopefully we don't have to split more than once" I tell him thinking about how we were going to leave after the show and he sighs frustratingly.

"Fine, when we go to leave you stick with me, everything else stays to the plan got it, we won't split unless it's absolutely necessary" he says looking at everyone who nods as we get ready to go on stage me stroking Fluffy and mouthing 'sorry' to Danny who just rolls his eyes as he is clearly upset over me ditching the stupid tracking device.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
Well here is the next part, it's kind of short, but the next part will be the show on New Orleans and I felt like having this as it's own chapter was better, plus it's a hint in a way to how the end of the next chapter will play out.