Chapter 9

Okay new chapter. I'm suffering with a bit of writer's block so if it sucks blame my block! But I'm hoping to overcome my problem!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Jaden's POV]

Everything happens for a reason. Or at least, that's what I believe.

I met Seth for a reason. We were both lonely, possibly not truly understanding why.

I never knew that I was gay until I met Seth, but I had thought about it. I had been confused. Girls did nothing for me, yet, looking at Seth got me flustered, touching him got me excited, and he, in general, had my undivided attention constantly.

I had never felt like this before. Ever.

I can't say that I truly believed that I was in love, because I was only 15. Love is a foreign concept to most teenagers, but this was certainly something I had never felt before.

I wanted to spend as long as possible with Seth. It might not be true love, but it was the closest I had ever been.

I just wanted the rest of my life to be effortless, with Seth by my side the whole time, but that was a dream, and dreams never come true.

***

It was sunday. Mine and Seth's last day of our weekend alone. I was going to miss this weekend.

I was going to make today as special as possible.

Firstly, I began the day by cooking breakfast. Something I never did, but not for lack of ability. I could cook, I was just very used to having it done for me. My parents spent some time out of town, though, and I used to have the laziest child minders.

In the end it was a good job I did learn to cook, because otherwise, how would I cook for Seth? And cooking for Seth was brilliant.

He knew how to eat food in style.

To begin with, he ate with an elegant demeanour. Small bites, always using cutlery, and so on. Then he commented with a sensory analysis, telling me how he liked the taste, smell, texture, and so on, telling me his favourite meals, and how much of a good cook I was, and how no one could match it.

I waved off most of his comments, but it was nice to be appreciated.

I knew that I would be cooking for him quite a lot.

'I have a request.' He informed me, politely.

'And what is you're request?' I asked.

'I want to go to the music shop in the town centre.'

'Max's Music Madness?' I asked, I was familiar with the shop, but I'd never spent too long in there.

'Precisely. I need a new guitar.'

'You play the guitar?'

'Yeah. Didn't you know? I've been asked to join a band and everything.'

'Well aren't we full of surprises today.'

He laughed. 'Don't worry. I'll spend as little time with them as possible. Or I'll sneak you into the studio.' He smiled. 'I'll say you're a necessity. Like a human shaped plectrum.'

'You have yourself a deal.' I chuckled.

'So are we going then?'

'Yeah. Sure. Let's go. We can stop off at KFC and get Krush'ems, too.'

'Gotta love a milky bar Krush'em.'

'I know, right?'

'Let's go then. I have a lot to prepare for.'

'Okay then.'

We headed out of the house and began walking to the town centre.

December was beginning, and it was lightly snowing. I smiled at the scene. I loved the snow, it made everything so perfect.

I walked closer to Seth and put my arm around him as he started to get cold. He leaned in close and we walked the rest of the way huddled together.

When we walked into Max's Music Madness both of us had snow-littered hair. I thought Seth looked really attrative with snow in his hair. He looked like he could be a model.

He looked around at the various guitars and I followed him, listening to his little facts. He was the only guy who could interest me with instrument facts.

I liked listening to music, but hated learning about it.

He walked to the counter after looking around and smiled at the guy behind it.

'Seth Green. I'm here to pick up the guitar.'

He looked around for no reason. Wow.

'Of course. I'll just pop into the back.' The guy told him.

After a few minutes he was replaced by someone else. Black hair, spiked in a million different directions which seemed to gradually change to become electric blue at the very tips, icy blue eyes which made me feel like I was drowning, dressed in elaborate gothic clothing. I was sure this guy was-

'Max!' Seth shouted.

'Seth!' He replied.

'You two know each other?' I asked.

'Of course. We're in the same band.' Seth told me. That explained it.

'Come through. Your guitar's just through here. Bring your friend, too.'

'Thanks.' Seth said as we headed into the back. I noticed he didn't correct him. The term "friend" strangely upset me. Was I jealous?

I knew the answer, but I lied anyway.

No I most definately was not jealous.

I saw the guitar that seemed to have been custom made for Seth in complete and utter shock.

It was amazing.

It was a sleek black with an elaborate design along the bottom, it was shaped to allow Seth enough space to play but not so much where he has to position himself akwardly. It's size, shape, and seemingly weight, were all perfect for Seth. It was definately custom made.

'Thanks for doing this.' Seth said to Max, breaking me out of my admiration. He'd made the instrument? Or had it made for free?

'Well I wasn't going to charge you. You're in the same band as me, after all. I'd be charging my own band.' He chuckled.

The latter then. His hands weren't made for design. They were made for music. Drummer's hands.

He was the drummer. He certainly didn't have the voice for the lead vocalist.

I'd found the guitarist and drummer. Who else was in this band? And why was I so darn jealous of Max? It's not like Seth would abandon me for him, is it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that's it. Pic is of Max. It'll probably be the only one, as I don't know who that is. If any reader does and wants to be really helpful, they can tell me.