chapter 1-complete

"Kendra! Wake up!"

I snap my eyes open, and my distressed mom is staring me right in the face.
Cameron has an empty glass in her hand, trying to hold in her giggling.
What's going on? Why am I wet? Why is the sun in my eyes?

"What's going on?" I ask while rubbing my eyes.
"You're late!" my sister exclaims. I am feeling very perplexed.
Then it dawned on me.

It's Monday!
I try to get myself up, but it's useless.
Ever since the accident I don't have the capability to use my legs. I tried therapy, but nothing works. I'm in a wheelchair now, and I constantly need help to go places. It's difficult to have a life when everyone is sorry for you, and everyone's eyes are always on me, staring right into my soul. Has nobody ever heard that staring is rude? I mean, it's just a normal chair with wheels stuck on it!

I just gave up with my legs, and now I have a schedule for everyone that has to help me. In the mornings, my mother. During school, my best friend, Adrianna, and after school, my sis. I hate it. I'm wasting people's lives to wait on me.

When I got to school, I saw Addie looking for me. Just great. Now she's late for class as well. I slowly but surely wheel myself to her. She sees me and stretches her eyes so big, that you can see right through to her brain. I giggle at my own joke while she is angrily stomping to me. Well, here she comes.

"What's so funny! You're going to make me late for class again!"
"Oh, nothing worth you to trouble about."

She takes my handles and runs through the school to my locker. When we came to my locker, there was a group of kids standing next to us. They looked the same age as me, but I never saw them before. One of the guys has unnaturally dark red hair, it looks like he dyed his hair that way, and is towering! The other guy has brown hair, a little bit shorter but looks very strong. There are two girls as well. Both of them has blond hair, accept one has short hair, and the other has long hair.

I got my books out of my locker, and when I looked back, the long blond looked intensely at me. Staring at me may be a better word, so it's not something new, but her face expression is new. Other people look at me with pity in their eyes, but not her. Her eyes are telling me to have hope. It got the others' attention, and they started to stare at me as well. I then turned around and strolled myself to the next class. The whole group creeped me out a little.