Chapter 21-complete

I woke up with headache, still on the chair.

This wasn't a dream.

Axl is still hanging on the rope, bloodied with cuts and stabs.

"Axl, wake up!" I whisper-scream at him.

His eyes are slowly opening.
"Kendra, are you okay?" he says silently.

I feel very bad about this whole situation. This happened because of me, if I just hadn't come with them, then they would've lived a happy life. I feel angry about the situation too. If Adrianne just went on with her life, and not have become jealous, then all would've been fine. Sadness overcomes me. Why did she do this to me. Why would she lie to me? My whole life...

"Don't be so hard on yourself. This is certainly not your fault, and I will not tollerate you being sad about this. The king chose to search for you, and we found you, and you made me happy for once in my life. So please, don't be sad about this, it only will make you a stronger queen one day."

A lecture from the one and only Axl
He only makes me feel more couragious.

I think about what he told me, and I get an idea.

"Hey Axl, do you still get anxiety attacks?"

"No, not since you showed up."

I should feel overjoyed, but I don't have time for that now.

"Do you still use your pills?"

"Nope, about a month ago."

"Okay thanks for the info, now fake an attack." I say earnestly.

"What! Why me? You do it!"

"So that they can check up on you! Don't you remember that Addie knows everything about me? I don't get anxiety attacks!"
"Okay fine then"

He begins to breath heavily and looks like he can't breathe. Wow, he sure knows how to fake an attack. Make me think how much attacks he had in the past.

Oh yeah! Going on with the plan!

"If he gives you a pill, don't swallow" I warn him, and he nods his head.

I scream at the top of my lungs for help, and Alex finally arrives and bangs the door open, leaving it open.
Perfect, easier for me.

"Help him! He's getting an anxiety attack! Get some pills, he's going to die!"

Everything that's happening registers in Alex's head, and he turns and runs out, looking for pills.

I'm glad Raina taught me how to snatch stuff from people without them noticing, because I just took the keys from Alex, and he doesn't know anything.

I take the keys, and start to scrape it against the rope around my hands, and it cuts through, and now I wait.

***

5 minutes later Alex is back with medication, but when he turned his back against me, I jumped on him, and tumbled him over. I take the chair I was sitting on minutes ago, and throw it on his head, and the chair breaks into pieces, splinters going everywhere. Alex lied motionless on the floor, so I went through all his pockets, and found a pocketknife.

I cut Axl's rope, and we ran out of the room.

~unknown

Phase 1: trust
complete

Phase 2:happiness
complete

Phase 3: strength
complete

Now it's on to phase 4: choices.