character+author Q&A answers

Hey Guys!/Hello Internet!

So you guys asked me some questions and I'm answering them in this chapter (with some help from the characters)

if you weren't able to ask any questions or you still have a burning question, you can still comment on the chapter before and I'll answer it as a reply :)

Dan

How do you feel, knowing that Phil's mission that night was to kill you instead of your dad? JustRachelWrites

When I saw the sword eyeing me in the stomach, I thought I was actually going to die. It was just floating there, and – at first – I had no actual clue who it was. But then that reminded me of the time Phil tried to strangle me to death, which is when I got the idea that it was him. To be honest, I knew he had to kill me. People were getting closer to my father, but the words couldn't escape my mouth to tell him to get away. But seeing the dagger kill him instead of me, I knew Phil was following his heart – not his mind. So – to conclude – even though Phil has been so kind to me other the last few weeks, it was his job to get rid of me so I wouldn't have been surprised if he did, I'd just feel a bit betrayed, that's all. But seeing him dying in front of me, it felt like the tables turned.

I'm sad can you make me feel better? - TheBabiesArentOkay

There is always a beacon of hope, no matter how you feel, there is always something or someone to make you feel better. No matter how far apart you may be, just try and stay with that thing/person, keep them at your side no matter what. Defend them and they'll defend you, someone hurts you, they'll hurt them. They are the distraction to all your worries, all the voices in your head are scared of this thing/person, so keep them close and they'll go away. All these happened with me when I met Phil Lester, so they are proven to be true. Trust me, keep your friends close and your enemies will run in fear of you and your gang of epic people who will be on your side no matter what others say.

And your kind are alive at the same time as Evan Peters and Jennifer Lawrence so I'm jealous (yeah Brendon Urie's alright but the Urie I know is better, get well soon Officer Urie :D)

Phil

Did you ever, even for a split second, in the chapel the night you died, think about actually killing Dan? - JustRachelWrites

Yes. For at least a solid 5 seconds, I wanted him dead. But, overall, I never wanted Dan to die. If I had the choice, I would have swapped him out with his step-mother and killed her instead. I would've done that in a heartbeat. Either way, I knew I'd die, so I wanted to keep Dan safe. He would be the perfect king to rule over Evernon but – of course – that Lucas had to get in the way and get rid of him. He hasn't even met Dan! I never really liked Lucas, so I was celebrating the minute he turned 20 and Caspar had to stand up as leader.

Have you turned into a literal star? Because if you did you are now literally a sun. - TheBabiesArentOkay

I think that's the way physics works? When my parents were dying, they told me they would always be up in the sky as a star, and they always used to say that I was a ray of sunshine from my optimism, so you could say that I'm the sun and Dan's the moon, because we're both polar opposites made for each other.

Caspar

Do you feel like any of this would have happened if you weren't nice to Phil when he was younger and less confident? - Phanpyrus