Fall Plants Blooming - Chp 19

Sorry this is so short! I wanted write far more, however, I thought it would be better to bring you up to speed first. Again this chapter has not been edited so WARNING mistakes will occur. Thanks for reading and don't forget to comment on the chapter!

Dim light shone across my face from tall window at the end of the room. Rubbing my eyes I slowly push myself up against the back of the bed frame. My mind relaying last nights events past the kiss; being dragged away in bustle to pack and prepare then we never got the chance to say goodnight.

Yawning I stretch my limbs out preparing for a good deal of riding. Eyeing my surrounds I finally focus on Fayre stirring on her makeshift bed of furs by the crackling, fire.

The night before she stubbornly refused to leave my side for an longer that day. Of course she got her way. Now her gold locks lay draped across her face while the rest of her stayed hidden beneath a pile of furs.

Smiling too myself I quickly rubbed my arms together biting back the cold chill that bite at me. Silently I hurried across the room to a stocky, wooden, chair in the corner. On it the maids had placed the clothing given too them by Vidia.

An elegant gold, and red gown lay atop the pile of clothing. The color was of Melborn royal perfect for riding into battle, if only. I knew full well that I was going to have to dress as a boy once we came remotely close to the battle field. Keeping my identity secret is still quite essential for me to have a family later on in life.

My heart suddenly fluttered at the thought of my recent kiss. Lazily I ran a hand through my hair, then quickly pulled on my under garments then the flowing gown.

Right then after fixing the kinks in the dress a shiver of a knock sounded off the door. Quickly, I glided across the room to the door, pulling it open ever so slightly. There quietly standing was my lady in waiting.

"Ma' lady, I am here to help with your hair," she said in a hushed voice.

I nodded, "Yes come in. Your name?" I asked while ushering her in.

"Thelma, Ma'lady."

"Thank you Thelma, I have been in need of some help with my hair." I said taking a seat the chair.

She nodded shyly, then went to work brushing and braiding my long, jet black hair. I felt her fingers twitch suddenly as she noticed Fayre awaken with a jolt. I remained still and let Fayre figure her surroundings herself. Quickly she noticed me across the room, and climbed from her bed quickly, making her way to my lap.

I gently pulled her into the cradle of my arms while stroking her soft hair. Abruptly, she turned to stare into my eyes.

"You leave me?" Her lower lip quivering.

My own heart melted at her words. I quickly gave her a tight hug.

"Oh! Not yet! I may be gone for awhile, however, I soon will be back." I murmured quietly.

"Excuse me ma'am, I am finished now. Will their be anything else?"

"Oh thank you Thelma! I..." I was cut short by a knock at the door.

"I'll get that. Please take Fayre for me for a minute." I kissed Fayre on the check and gave her a hug before gently passing her to Thelma.

Her sweet face held back a little tear for as long as possible before it dribbled down her cheek. Leaving a glittering streak on her face.

Sighing I dashed to the door a quickly pulled it open a crack. There stood Derik leaning against the frame of the door, one hand in his pocket the other resting above the door frame. Once his eyes found mine he grinned gorgeously.

"Hurry they are all waiting we don't have much time." He said leaning forward to take my hand.

I stopped him for a moment, "wait let me get Fayre."

"Okay."

Turning quickly I dashed back across the room and slipped Fayre into my arms and thanked Thelma.

Together we walked back to the door where she bowed before Derik then made her escape down the servants passage.

Derik took my hand while I carried Fayre with the other hugging her against my side.

She was quite light for a four year old, although, I presumed it was because she never had much to eat.

Derik paused for a moment then took Fayre into his arms, whom I passed carefully.

We stood in a long empty corridor of the same gray stones that made up the rest of the castle. The only difference were the double doors that had silver work done in place of iron. The doors lead straight into a library greater than that of the royal palace.

"Fayre would you like it if Calissta and I were your mother and father?" Derik asked her while giving me a wink.

She stayed quite for a time before suddenly breaking out into a delightful laugh. "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

Derik and I both took a deep breath of joy. Suddenly he leaned forward to kiss me then pull me into the library with Fayre in tow. The doors opened together in unison, reveling all my family members present in the Castle and a monk.

Vidia stepped forward to take Fayre and pass me a handful of fall flowers in bloom.