The Green Men of the Wood - Chp 8

Sorry it's so short! I just got an expander in my mouth so I am in pain. But I got the chapter up! Sorry I still have not found some one to help me edit.

"Calissta it's time to wake up." Derik gently whispered in my ear. I immediately sat straight up and pushed myself as far away from Derik as I could.

"Why were you so close to me?" I cried out loud while trying to keep the warmth of the blankets close. The cold air bit at my face tempting me to crawl back under the warm quilts.

"No good morning?" He grinned. I narrowed my eyes at him, till he spoke again, "You ask so many strange questions. I think most Lady's would have just fainted to be so close to me. But you. . . You are such a late flower to the sea of flowers." He said while making noble gesture with his hands.

"Answer the question fool!" I cried in pure rage of his annoying ways. I climbed to my feet and madly started to fold the blankets to fit back in the saddle bags.

"Fine princess. If you must know why I was ever so close it was because in order to awake you with out alerting the strangers fallowing us which you have single handedly done." He replied coolly with a mischievous air about him. He was edging closer to making me blow over in a rage of anger. . . Just one more little crack and I would blow.

"Fine I'm sorry. Pray do tell me how far are we from getting out of this. . . forest?" I asked in my softest voice as I walked past him in an elegant cat walk while slamming the blankets into his chest. "I do hope we get out of here soon. For your sake." I whispered into his ear then slid away to get on the horse back.

Derik just shook his head and started filling the saddle bags up with the blankets. When he had finished the first one and moved on to the second one, he first pulled out some thing oddly familiar. He handle the belt of daggers with ease.

"So where would some one like you find weapons like this?" He turned to eye me.

I suddenly felt compelled to tell him they were mine and he should just shut up and mind his own business. Though I did other wise. "They are mine. A gift from my father now hand them over. " I replied stiffly, while extending my hand for them. He grinned and pulled his hand back.

"I'll keep them for now. You don't seem like the fighting type." He said with a smile, as he slipped the belt over his shoulder.

"YOU! Give them back now! Or you'll regret it." I Protested with clenched fists. I could feel my anger rising.

"Nope." He grinned and took the reigns and started pulling the horse down the path.

"You'll regret it." I whispered as my hands wrapped tightly around the horn of the saddle.

'He may think he is winning this little game of ours, but he's about to lose bad.' I smiled to myself.

 After a few hours I quickly tucked my shawl tightly around my body as another cold wind shot past me. Derik continued on walking without shivering at all, in-fact his mind seemed to be on something else entirely. As he lead the horse along the trail I noticed his eyes glued on a clump of trees.

"Something wrong?" I asked watching the woods around us as well.

He stopped and turned to face me. "NO actual every thing is going to work out fine."

Just as he said that the trees around us started to quiver. Men In pine green cloaks emerged from them surrounding us completely. My heart quickened a beat. Were we about to be attack or killed? Or would I have to kill some one. My thoughts raced around my head till something unexpected happened.

"Captain Nemo, good to see you." Cried Derik clasping hands with a cloaked figure. The cloak figure removed his hood to revealed a shabby crop of salt and pepper hair, dark eyes and a graying beard. He had strong features that expressed years wisdom and knowledge. Then his dark gaze suddenly fell on me.

"So you found her finally." He nodded towards me as he approached with Derik.

"Yes I did. Now we can continue on with are mission as soon as I return her home. But first let me introduce you. " Said Derik with a sly ease. He came to the side of the horse and offered me his hand. I Smiled and excepted it gracefully, as he help me off the horse. Which I didn't need at all. When I got to the ground instead of greeting Captain Nemo I turned to face Derik.

"You were such a kind travling compainion and since it seems we may part ways, let me thank you." I leaned in as if to give him a kiss but instead slammed my tiny fist into his gut. I quickly pulled my belt of daggers his side on pulled it back across my shoulders again.

I quickly spun around to face Captain Nemo. "I not sure if I am or not glad to met you. Or any of you for that matter." I growled truly not caring about how rude I was acting. Suddenly every one of the cloak figures that seemed to be shaking with laughter.

Captain Nemo's eyes filled with tears as he roared with laughter. "You did find yourself the best wife a man could wish for." He cried befor fallling into another fit of laughter.

My stomach turned. I wished to be back home again.

I growled and went back for the horse. But some one blocked my path.