A Dress of Fire - Chp 16

Thank you so much everyone for reading my book. Sorry this chapters short but I will make up for that later on. Again like the rest of the chapters none of them have been edited. Once I complete the book I will head straight into fixing all the mistakes and possible awkward sentences. For right now I did my best so please leave a comment and vote. Thanks so much!

I was seated firmly on the bed as my sister and lady's in waiting whispered in the corner over my attire for the night. Finally after what seemed like hours they walked towards me each carrying a piece to my outfit that they had chosen.

I watched suspiciously as Vidia came to my side carrying a fiery scarlet gown across her arms. With the slight tilt of her head she motioned for me to stand. I did so obediently making sure to straighten my shoulders to enhance my towering figure. Sliding the dress to one arm she used her free hand to gasp mine and pull me to the center of the room.

Much to my dissatisfaction she loosened the ties to my sleeping gown and the white silk garment slipped to the floor. Leaving me in a displaced state of embarrassment as I stood their only clothed with a simple cotton loincloth. The slightly cool air tickled at my skin making my self-consciousness even worse.

''Hurry up please," I begged with a hushed voice.

"No need to fret I am fixing the shape for a moment." Replied Vidia sharply.

I quietly waited patiently, pulling my loose mess of long thick raven hair over my shoulders hiding my torso. My thoughts slowly grew anxious as I thought of what Derik was going to tell me, then they wondered of to the steps of the dance. I gasped startled as the soft ruby dress was thrown over my head.

With momentary struggle much hair brushing and dress tightening I was finally done. Everyone took a step back to admire their handiwork. I just stood there arms crossed unsure of what to do next. Quickly one of the younger Lady's in waiting with lovely peace hair twisted into a high bun motioned for me to fallow her. "Here Malady have a look at yourself. You are simply breathtaking." She smiled cheerfully. Murmurs of agreement passed around the room. She brought me to the side of the massive fireplace where hung on the gray stone walls a full length looking glass.

I took a dainty step towards it coming into full view of myself. I raised an eyebrow with suspicion. The scarlet dress hugged my body in a loose wave sticking to my hips then flaring outwards around my legs ending almost at my ankles. Four large slits started at the flaring one on each side of my body so which ever way I stepped they slid aside revealing the coal cotton pants that stuck to my skin keeping skin from exposing.

I bite down at the side of my mouth surprisingly as I took in the petite slippers of soft calf skin that had been stained black gracing my feet. Long black silk ribbons that matched had been sown to the top back of the shoe to wrap around my ankles. I slowly tilted my foot to the side then pressed my toes to the ground and watched as the leather bent beautifully with my feet. Suddenly my attention was captured by the black ribbon with a bright blood ruby dangling from the center tied around my neck.

"This is really something. . . Where did you get it?" I muttered in astonishment.

Vidia slipped to my side arms crossed then giggled gently. "Derik of course. He heard about my request to have you dance then sent me this for you if you accepted. He was quite wise in choosing the traditional black and red instead of a more thought color."

 I Nodded solemnly. My heart skips a couple beats as I think of Derik's eyes as he watches me dance. Shaking my head abruptly casting aside any feelings for a man I hardly know. I turned my attention back to my garments taking in every last detail from long sleeves from the dress to the hair.

The sleeves to had a cut starting at the shoulder ending at my wrist where they were tied. The torso of the dress was simply gorgeous the way it was unadorned by anything laying snug across my body. And of course my hair it was the same thick jet black only pulled back into a horsetail where it hung nimbly to my waist. It resembled my very own dress that I had hand selected every detail for the special occasion I did dance.

"Well sister it you recreated my original outfit extremely well. I am truly impressed you were able to do in so little time." I questioned slyly.

She just rolled her eyes back. "Give it a break I have been planing this event for months sister dear."

"I know," I smiled back. Then I noticed the Ladys' standing by watching on. "Oh yes! You may excused now, so sorry for forgetting."

They made comments about not minding but then they were soon gone leaving Vidia and I alone. I laughed softly then made a rather long turn around the room the dress dancing along like flames. My eagerness to get this dance over with bolted through my body giving me chills. Vidia sighed. "You are a gifted dancer I am so glad you took up the family tradition. Now take this," she nodded, tossing me a black cloak of the mantle place.

I caught it easily then slipped it on. "Alright guess you should get down there it is your party after all. "

She nodded her brilliant gaze landing on the door just as someone gave a slight knock.

"Yes?" She called walking briskly to the door while I made sure my cloak in place.

"The party is gathering in the dinning hall," Answered the thick voice of a man servant. "Thank you. We are coming now." She replied motioning for me to fallow quickly.