V (5)

Mia drove us over to this costume shop way across town. It had almost any type of costume you could imagine. From Cinderella to a hooker, even celebrity costumes. "So what you wanna be?" Mia asked.

I skimmed over the walls full of different choices to choose from. I picked up a super man costume. It had the superman symbol on the shirt with short shorts and a red cape. "Ima be superwoman," I told her.

We paid for our things and went straight home to start getting ready.

"This place packed Mia..." I looked around at all the unfamiliar faces surrounding me. I knew none of these people. She brought me to some place where... I didn't even know where I was. I was out of my comfort zone. I walked inside the house and found a seat on a nearby couch. I sat there and watched everyone mingle with their friends and have a good time.

"What's a fine ass girl like you doin sittin over here by yo self?" This dude I've never seen before said as he approached me. I ignored him and took a sip of my punch. There was definitely some alcohol in it. "Why you ignorin me? I'm just tryna make conversation. You looked lonely over here--"

"I'm fine. Thank you." I spat. That still didn't make him leave. "You a feisty one." He said. I cut my eyes at him.

"Aye, come with me." He said. He reached his hand out for me to grab. I hesitated at first, but then I went ahead. He took me up these stairs and into a dark room. "Where's the lights?" I asked. He flicked them on and layed across the bed. I stood over by the door. He said nothing, he just stared at me.

"So, um. What's ya name?" I asked. "Quincy."

Quincy was a nice looking dude. He looked like he was at least about 6'1 or 6'2. He had a toned body and a sexy ass voice. "Why you bein so shy?" He asked.

"I'm not." I said in my own defence. He came over to me and pulled me in close to him by my waist. "Yes you is." He said seductively in my ear. He kissed and licked me on my neck. Then, he stried to put his hands down my shorts. I pulled away quickly, causing him to laugh.

"I'm not having sex with you!" I said, walking out the door. He pulled me back into the room and locked the door. "Chill, Ain tryna have sex. I just wanna get to know you." He took my hand. "My bad if I came at you the wrong way." He said.

"...It's cool."

I couldn't find Mia when everyone was leaving. I hadn't seen her since we got here. I started walking home by myself.

This all black Mercedes pulled up on the side of me. When they rolled down the windows, Jacques was sitting in the driver's seat. Why he always gotta be everywhere. "Hop in." He said. I got in the car, but I didn't say anything to him. "What you doin walkin alone at this time of night?" He said. He looked at me like he had a clue of why. "A party." I said. "What you doin ridin around alone at this time of night?"

"I gotta few runs to make."

"Jacques, If you bout to go sell some drugs or whatever it is that you do, you can take me home now. I don't wanna be around you if you doin that." I protested.

"Calm down. You safe whenever you with me. Ight?"

"Whateva. Take me home."

He pulled up in front of this house. It was in pretty good condition. "Stay right here." He said before getting out the car. I waited for him no more than ten minutes.

"Ughh!" I got out the car and started walking down the street. As soon as got in front of my house, Jacques pulled up again. "Get in the car." He said. "No. Leave me alone Jacques."

"Get in the car Asia! I wanna show you somethin." He said anxiously. I slowly walked over to the car. "Don't waste my time Jacques." I said before getting in.

In front of his house sat a brand new all black Mercedes Benz with pink and black interior. It had one of those huge bows on top of it like you see in the commercials except it was pink to match the pink inside the car. Jacques tossed a pair of keys in my lap.

"You not serious, Jacques."

"That's yours." He said nonchalantly.

"Oh my gosh Jacques!" I got out of his car and got in my new car. Everything on the inside was black with pink outline. The radio had pink lights on it. It even had my name engraved above the glove-compartment. Jacques stood outside the car watching me. I can't believe this boy bought me a car!

I gave him a hug and didn't let go. He was amazing. "You can drive yo self home."

I wanted to tell him I love you so bad, but I was scared. It was too late anyway. He had already went in the house.

------------

Picture of Quincy On The Side.