VI (6)

"I gotta pay you back." I said to Jacques over the phone. "Nah. That's my gift to you." he said. "But, I would like to take you out somewhere." He said sincerely. What's on his mind? This is not 'Jacques'. "Um, like a date?" I asked. "No Asia. Just... two friends. Hangin out."

"Jacques, we ain't really 'friends'."

"I consider you a friend."

"Since when?"

"Never mind that. Ima pick you up around 6:00."

"It's a date." I said, making it official. He groaned in the phone like he was annoyed and hung up. I don't understand why he always putting up the 'tough guy' front. I mean, I like it when he gets mad at me. When he's a normal-mad, you know, not throwing me under the bus talking about what I be doin, then it's really cute. Huge turn on. But, I also know he can be the sweetest guy you could ever meet. I want to see that side of him more. I'm gonna pull it out of him one way or another.

"You gotta win me a bear, like in the movies." I said. "You gone get whatever I get you." 

We laughed. "I want my bear before this date over, Jacques." He looked at me with a serious look on his face like he had something important to tell me. "What's wrong?" I asked. He sat me down on a nearby bench. He stared at me for a minute before he started talking. 

"I been tryin to find a way to tell you this for a minute now. Um, I might sound crazy and corny right now..." He paused. "Jacques--" He kissed me. Not a peck, but an actual kiss. I didn't pull back either. 

He broke the kiss, gazing deep into my eyes as if he were hypnotized by what just happened. "I think I like you." He stated. All of this completely caught me off guard. I don't know whether to feel overjoyed because the dude I've been crushing on since lord knows how long finally wants me, or if I should hold off for a minute. I mean, I did just come out of a break up.

before I could tell him how I felt, three dudes walked up to us. One was a little taller than me. He looked about 5'5. The others were tall at about 6'0. They were laughing and pointing at me like they were in elementary school. I don't know who they are, but they're being super ignorant. 

"Aye, what the fuck's funny?" Jacques asked. He had got angry just that quick. "Man, watch ya girl. She shared her pussy with the whole crew!" They started laughing even harder. Jacques roughly pulled me away from them. "Who was they?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders. 

Looking back at them, my heart sank. They were dudes I had had sex with not only once, but a few times. No lie, they had money. That's most likely the reason I kept going back. After all, they weren't all that cute. 

"Damn, Asia! Can't you keep yo legs closed for a split second! You always got somebody dick in you like a little hoe, but always wanna cry to me and play the victim!"

I slapped him with all the power I had in me. I took off and didn't look back, not even once. 

Walking home, I run into Mahlik and you would never believe who he had wrapped around his arm. Mia. My 'bestfriend' hugged up on my ex. The tears I was crying when I left Jacques streamed down my face. "Why are you with him, Mia?" She hesitated to answer the question.

"Is that why you broke up with me, Mahlik?" Still, no one spoke up. "Damn..." I wiped my face. "That's fucked up. I shoulda known you would try to go after him too. That's just like you. Go after anything that moves," I paused. "She gave any 'play' yet?"

"Asia, shutup! Like you don't sleep around either!" She yelled, defending herself. "Not with my 'bestfriends' ex's!" I yelled back.

"Hol' Up. Asia, you sleepin around?" He asked. I looked away in embarrassment. "Don't act shy now Asia! Confess." 

"She been doing it way before yall even got together." She said in a mono-tone.

"Bitch!" I punched her, and we started fighting. Mahlik tried to breaking us up. Jacques rolled up and helped Mahlik pull us apart. "Put me down!!!" I screamed. Jacques forced me into his car. "Chill the fuck out!" 

He lead me up to his room. I took off all my clothes until I was in only my bra and underwear. I got in his bed and sat up under the covers watching him. "You crazy Asia." He told me. 

"We not about to just sit here and pretend like all that stuff you said to me was never said Jacques!"

"I'll be back." He grabbed his car keys and left me. I pulled the covers up over my shoulder and stared at the dark walls until I fell asleep. 

I heard Jacques come in the room. He climbed into bed with me laying his head on my stomach. We not done with that conversation yet.