Lunch

Amelia's POV

It was Monday morning and I decided to go for an early jog. Outside was so gorgeous that I just couldn't help it. I walked to my driveway and did some stretches, after that I placed my headphones in my ears and played songs from one of my playlist. I decided to run to the nearby park which is approximately an half an hour from where I lived.

On my way back in I received an unexpected text from Emily.

Emily: want to meet up for lunch later today ?

As I stop to look at the message I contemplated on if I should reply to her or not. It's not that I didn't like Emily , she was just someone better kept as an associate rather than a close friend.

I eventually decided to reply.

Me: sure text me the time and date.

Emily : How about after work and let's meet at Red Café just like old times.

Me: Sure see you there.

I sure wasn't looking forward to lunch with Emily .

I arrived back home and got ready for work. I decided on a black crop top, with a Grey and black pencil skirt ;which ended just below my knees. Also a black and Grey clutch purse, sunglasses and a pair of clear heels. I did my hair in loose curls and applied a slight pinch of lip gloss and placed some mascara on my eyelashes. One last look in the mirror and I was out the door.

I arrived at work and while I walked through the the huge transparent doors I realized my father sitting, waiting for me on a near by chair in the hall.

From the moment he saw me he smiled brightly and waved at me.

"Dad what are you doing back so soon ?". I asked as I embraced him in a hug.

"Your Mom and I flew back as soon as we knew your sister was having her baby."

"So what are you doing here ?" I asked suddenly realizing my dad hardly visits me at work.

"I need you to fly to Paris for a week starting from Wednesday to close a really important deal for the company." He said hopefully.

My father is still a vital part of the company. My father Davin Malory is the rightful owner and past CEO of Malory Industries. It's a worldwide shipping and financial company.  What the company does is basically invest in a number of potential companies and participate in shipping worldwide.

My father wanted to retire to spend the rest of his years with my mom, Amara Malory, so as his next heir I decided to take the company into my own hands. Of course I have an older brother, Damian Malory, who is 3 years older than me. Unfortunately he decided to leave home when he was 18 to pursue his music dreams.

Business was always my thing so I never minded taking over the family legacy.

"Dad Amaria now had her baby I wouldn't like to leave her at this time." I said sighing.

"I'm sorry I know it's a lot to ask but you close this deal and we take the company to the next level." He said still very hopeful. 

How could I say no ,I want to prove to my father that I can make this company into a great one.

"Sure dad just email Hope the details and I will see you when I get back. And it's really good to see you back dad." I said as I gave him one last hug.

That day went by swiftly as I was trying to finish everything that I needed to complete , because I won't have time to do anything tomorrow.

As I looked at the clock I suddenly remembered my lunch with Emily. I packed up everything, collected my things and made my way to my car. I called her to see if she was already there and then made my way into Red Café.

As I walked inside I saw her sitting by a table so I made my way there and took a seat.

"Hey Em." I said with a fake smile.

"Hey I hope you don't mind but I invited company. " She said with a smirk.
She just sat there with that look that stated trouble.

As we ordered I just ordered some coffee to go because I had no intentions on staying long. Just as my coffee arrived the backstabber that was once my best friend emerged from the door. Once I realized she was heading to our table I could have strangled her. 

She had the audacity to sit down and start having a conversation with Emily. I was hell of confused as in to what they thought they were doing .

"May I ask what the fuck I'm doing here?" I asked rather annoyed at this point.

"I just thought this would be a good a time as any to bury the hatchet and to let the two of you girls finally talk." Emily replied.

I started laughing and I don't mean a fake laugh I mean a full blown, hysterical laugh.
"You bitches are priceless. Emily I really tried to remain your friend after your gold digging ways but I realize you are not my friend. You know what I went through after I found out what that bitch did but yet you bring her to have lunch with me. Tianna you have a lot of heart showing your face to me after what you did. Get this is in your head ,I will never forgive you so stay away from me." By this time everyone in the Café was starring and I didn't really care.

What went through my mind was ,shit I didn't even get to finish my coffee.  I gathered my things and I left not only fake friends but my past behind.

Or so I thought..

As I got home I was officially tired and I realized I haven't received a text from Blake for the whole entire day . I finished  showering and I sat down to watch some TV.  I checked my phone and realized I finally received a text from him.

Blake:  Hope you had a good day beautiful. 😊

Me: It was eventful . Btw leaving for Paris tomorrow at 5 pm.

Blake: you wait until now to say something? How long are you gone for?

Me:  Sorry I'm gone for a week.

Blake: I'm going to die 😡 until next time beautiful Goodnight .

Me: Goodnight

After a long day at least I have a list of things to look forward to like my bath , food, TV and now I had Blake.... hopefully.