Forgiveness

First off we passed 300 reads!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks goes out to all those who consistently continue to read my book.

----------------------------------------------------------

Amelia's POV

It had been two days since Chloe had came out of the hospital and I decided to give her the time that she and my brother needed to spend grieving their unborn child. I offered her one of my trips that I had won at the ball and I offered the other one to my parents. At this moment I just wanted to keep the business at the top and focus on having a lower pile of work to be completed.

Since the hospital incident Blake had gone back to being a ghost in my life and I figured I'd show him what happens when people think they can make Amelia Malory look like a fool. Today was the day I visited some of the companies that I had invested in, to write reports of the progress since the investment and Blake's company happened to be on that list for today. I decided to bring along some of the persons interested in my investment and one of those people happened to be Chris. 

I knew I was playing with fire but I knew how to get what I wanted. I begun to get ready for my long day. Today I went with a white-flowered high waist skirt,with a white blouse and paired it off with tan heels with a tan bag. I curled my hair quickly and placed some lip gloss on my lips. I was currently driving a hired car since I sold my car at the ball but once I was finished work I was going to pick out a new one.

I arrived at Parker&Maxwell Inc minutes later and everyone who were accompanying me were already there including Chris. He walked up to me and gave me a gentle hug and I returned it allowing myself to be drowned in his cologne.

"You look very beautiful this morning Lia."He said as he starred at me and I couldn't help but to blush. I returned a gracious thank you and started my tour. I made the others wait in the waiting area while I made my way in the elevator to Blake's office. I see he made changes to the building by expanding and building it more higher than it was before. The decor was also more business like and comfortable. Once I got off the elevator the first person I saw was Blake's stuck up assistant, I took a second to take in how she was dressed, she looked like she was getting ready to hit the strip club as the actual stripper,not like she was in a place of business. That alone pissed me off and I rolled my eyes and casually walked up to her.

"I'm here to see Blake." I muttered.

"Hold a minute."She replied as she called him. Once she hung up the phone she signaled for me to take a seat. Is he kidding me right now? I have things to do and places to go after this. After five minutes a dumb looking blonde emerged from his office doors.

"Courtney you would never believe,Blake and I had the best time last night."The blonde said as she turned to look at the girl whom I now knew that her name was Courtney.

She shushed her and looked my direction,"He's ready for you." she said in a devious tone. I got up and walked towards his office and once I was in I closed the door.

"Good morning Amelia."He said as he wrote, not even bothering to glance my direction. I didn't understand why he was behaving like this he was so sweet to me in Paris but as soon as we got back everything began to change. I noticed the lipstick stain on his collar and seeing that stirred something in me that I was trying to keep buried.

Thing is there is a reason why I am so confident and feel the need to get everything I set out my mind for. When I was in my early teenage years I was bullied to the point I suffered from depression. One day I guess I felt that I had enough and something so strong came over me that was frightening, and I beat the girl who bullied me so bad she had to be sent to the hospital. From that day, everyone was scared of me and I enjoyed that feeling even up to today.