{4.}

"Now it's your turn, you sick fuck." You whipped around and became face to face with Oikawa. It startled you at how close he was.

Oikawa whistled, "what a performance that was. Are you sure don't want to become an actor instead of a composer?"

"Do it. Shoot me, Araragi-san. I did tell you to use the gun as you saw fit, right." He grabbed onto the barrel and redirected your poor aim over the left side of his chest. "Having second thoughts are we. Allow me to give you a bit of advice. The first to hesitate, dies."

"...Tell me, Oikawa-san. Am I 'the one'?"

"Oh, yes," a wide smirk appeared on his lips, "definitely."

Your eyes had become so cold when staring at him. "I hope it was worth finding out, at the cost of your life." At the end of your words, your applied pressure to the trigger and...*click*

"Eh?" You glanced down at the gun for a split second before giving the pull of the trigger another try. 'What the actual fuck. Don't tell me this thing is jammed! I just shot that bastard Ayakashi down, so why...?!'

"Wondering why it won't shoot? It's because I only placed one blank bullet inside the revolver."

"What?" You shifted your gaze back to Oikawa's. "A blank?" Your eyes widened. So that means...!" When you whipped your head around, you saw Ayakashi retrieving his consciousness and trying to pull himself together.

"He's not dead...." You collapsed to your knees. You couldn't believe it.

"Of course not. I need Ayakashi-san. He's a very important asset to me and it'd be a waste to kill him."

"Asset...? As in....you're working together...?"

Oikawa slipped the gun away from your loose grip, and slipped it into his pocket. "Yes."

"I really did have to fight with Ayakashi-san before bringing him under terms, but that was months ago. I told him that as soon as I had found someone interesting, we would put our plan into motion. That plan being to bring a potential person back here, set up a deadly game of life or death and see if they could win."

"Should they reach the gun and 'kill' Ayakashi-san, there would be the probability that they'd want to kill me next. So, I only filled the gun with one blank. Should Ayakashi-san reach them, then they simply die." He shrugged. "No skin off my back. It's rather convenient, being that he's already a serial killer on the loose. "

"What--what the fuck is going on?!" You shouted out. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"Nothing at all." He looked down at both of his hands. "I feel pretty normal. I can't speak for Ayakashi-san though," he chuckled.

"Bullshit! None of this is normal! Any sane person would see it my way!"

"But I am completely sane." Oikawa crouched down to your level and smiled innocently. "See, there are no straps binding my body or anything. That means I'm all good."