~ Prologue ~

(A/N: I've decided to dedicate this fanfic to Annaconard2102121021 because she is a huge Calum girl (like me) xoxo :D)

RORY'S POV

"Aurora! Get off that phone and come downstairs! Your father and I have big news!" My mother yelled at me for the fifth time.

I swear, if they tell us they are having another kid I'm going to scream. I have five little brothers and no sisters. I hate it.

I didn't want to hang up on Calum. He was the best boyfriend you could ever have. Too bad my parents don't know about us.

"Cal, I gotta go. I'll see you tomorrow at school, okay?"

"Okay, Rory. See you tomorrow!" His deep, soothing voice said. I smiled every time he said my nickname he made up for me. My parents insist on calling me by my full name "Aurora" and it drives me insane.

I hung up the phone and walked downstairs. I sat on the couch, and my parents sat in chairs in front of us.

"Guys, you know how much we love you, right?" My mother asked.

"Not enough to buy me the newest Slipknot CD," my 14 year old brother Lucifer said. He's really emo, and it freaks me out.

My father tried to ignore him, and skipped to what to what he wanted to say.

"Anyway, Aurora, Lucifer, Travis, Frederick, Brody, and Sammy, your mother and I have decided to get a divorce."

Divorce. The only D word I don't like. There's dick, dinner, and dogs. And I like all of them. Divorce, however, was not on the list.

The word ran through my head and strangled my heart.

"Why?" I asked my parents.

"Because honey, your mother is a cheating slut." My father said very cool, calm, and collected. My mother glared at him.

"What about us?" I asked about my siblings and I.

"Aurora, you will be living with your mother and Sammy in this house. Lucifer, Travis, Frederick, and Brody, we are going to be moving to Santa Monica. We will be leaving tomorrow night, so pack up your things tonight and get ready to leave."

That was the first time I ever witnessed my brother Lucifer cry. He got up and hugged my mom.

I couldn't stay in that room anymore. I ran upstairs, locked my door, and cried. I never thought this day would come.

~~~~~~~~~