EIGHTEEN

"Mia wake up!" Cameron yelled. I slowly opened my eyes, "We're gonna be late!" He kept yelling, I sighed and got up. I took a really fast shower, I threw on some black jeans and a long sleeved gray shirt. I put on my gray vans and grabbed my phone. I left my hair down and I ran out my door. I got in the car with Cameron and we drove off to hell.

"Hey you" A voice said, Grabbing my waist from behind and kissing my neck. I smiled and turned around. I pecked Matt's lips and he smiled.

*Lunch*

"Do we have to sit at the table with Nash?" I asked. "Yes, Just ignore him and sit between me and cam" Matt answered. I groaned and nodded. We sat down at the table and Matt Sat next to me. He placed his hand on my inner thigh and I leaned my head on his shoulder. "Mia" I looked up and Shawn was looking at me. "What?" I asked. "Can we hang out after school?" Shawn asked. I nodded, Matt clenched his jaw. I rolled my eyes.

*After School*

"Shawn" I said, Laying on his bed. He hummed in response. "What's this?" I asked, Holding up a notebook, Filled with his sloppyish handwriting. "None of your business" He said, Trying to grab it. I jumped up and ran into the bathroom, Shutting and locking the door. "MIA!" He yelled. I flipped to a random page and started reading.

'now you're all alone, Yeah,
Turns out no one can replace me,
I'm permanent you can't erase me,
I'll help you remember me,
One more kiss is all it takes,
I'll leave you with the memory,
And the Aftertaste.'

I smiled. "Shawn?" I asked through the door. "What?" He asked, I leaned on the door and I felt him against it on the other side. "Are these lyrics?" I asked. "Why?" he asked. I didn't answer, I read another page.

''She would not show that she was afraid,
But being and feeling alone was too much to face,
Though everyone said that she was so strong,
What they didn't know is that she could barely carry on,
But she knew that she would be okay,
So she didn't let it get in her way,
Sometimes it all gets a little too much,
But you gotta realize that soon the fog will clear up,
And you don't have to be afraid, because we're all the same,
And we know that sometimes it all gets a little too much,
She would always tell herself she could do this
She would use no help it would be just fine
But when it got hard she would lose her focus
So take my hand and we'll be alright
And she knew that she would be okay,
So she didn't let it get in her way,
Sometimes it all gets a little to much.'

"Shawn, Is it?" I asked, Quietly. He sighed. "Read a line of something" He said. "Aftertaste" I said softly. He started singing what was written down, He knew every word. "Y-You sing?" I asked, Opening the door, He stumbled a little because he was leaning on it. He nodded. "Did you write these?" I asked, Slowly looking through the pages. He nodded again. I smiled. I closed it and handed it to him. "I'll see you tomorrow" I said and left.