8. Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time

"Who are these people?
I just woke up in my underwear
No liquor left on the shelf
I should probably introduce myself
You shoulda' seen what I wore
I had a cane and a party hat
I was the king of this hologram
Where there's no such thing as getting out of hand" - Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time

Dan's POV

It's been about 3 weeks since that night, and phil and I have been closer than ever, maybe a little too close at times. So much has happened over those weeks, even for the show. There's been a total of 4 eliminations, one at the end of each week, though the last one was a double elimination, so two people ended up leaving.

We were now down to ten boys, and honestly I was surprised to see myself last this long. It was now, phil and I as well as 8 others. Together we've met the rest of the boys, like Alfie and Caspar, and yes they are still in the competition, neither of them had left, but we've also made friends with the others. First, There was Josh, who was a bit of a dork at times but was really funny, Marcus, who was really athletic and took a long time staring at himself in the mirror, Jim, who looked like some kind of vogue model, mark, who was like a super gamer, Louis, who was a very adventurous guy who liked the outdoors a little too much and then there was Finn, who apparently had a twin, that looked exactly like him.

We all got along fine with each other, but not many of us had very much in common, so i decided to stick with Phil for most of it. Throughout the last few weeks, we had each taken Zoe on a date, had a picnic with her, and all took a day to the beach in Brighton, when the weather was finally sunny enough. But this week on the show, they decided on doing something different.

For the rest of the week, the pair of roommates were allowed to go home and meet each other's families. Each would have to act respectively to each other and would have a surprise visit from Zoe, sometime throughout the week. This was to test each guys respect and kindness towards others, even if it was their competition. I thought it wouldn't be very hard for anyone to do, seeing as we all get along pretty well, and I wouldn't have a problem meeting Phil's family at all.

When we left, we decided to spend the first couple of nights at Phil's place. We had to drive back to Manchester the next day and back to his house. When I met his mum, she gushed over finally meeting me, and wanting to have a proper conversation with her in person, rather than on the phone with Phil. I laughed at this and reacted politely, while I noticed that phil was watching us with a fond smile on his face. I got a rush of butterflies in my stomach, looking down as I blushed under Phil's watchful gaze. That's strange, I didn't think we were getting THAT close.

Phil's mum cooed at me, saying I was adorable, with Phil laughing along with her. It was getting late by now, and we had to sort out where I was gonna sleep , she opted for me to take the couch, which I agreed with, but phil objected saying that I could sleep in his old bed, since we've sort of done it before. His mum looked confused before realising on the show, we had pushed our beds together. She smiled and bid is goodnight, before we made our way upstairs and to bed.

The next morning I woke up to breakfast in bed from Phil , which made me giggle and thank him, before he disappeared to give his mum the same treatment. I was realising how cute and kind phil actually was. Zoe would be so lucky to have him as her husband, I know I would. Wait where did that come from? I shake my head to dismiss my thoughts before preparing to go out for lunch with phil.

We went for a walk down the block to the nearest diner, hands casually interlocked, because we're friends, we can do that. Phil had made quite a big breakfast for us this morning, so we only got a couple of small sandwiches before heading to the park for a friendly picnic.

Phil's POV

Dan and I were having so much fun. Our picnic at the park ended up lasting a few more hours than we had expected and we returned to my mums house, too tired for dinner. We had spent the afternoon laughing til our stomachs hurt and talking about whatever crossed our minds. We ended up finding an abandoned playground and played on that, even though we were way too big to fit in anything properly. We then fed some geese at the stream just down from the playground, and spent the rest of the afternoon watching and making shapes from the clouds.

I actually enjoyed it, and thought that it was a perfect first date. I mean first outing. Only just Remembering the show, I realised I was only doing this with Dan  to win over Zoe's trust, so I could be with her at the end of it.

Zoe was beautiful she really was, but her gorgeous smile couldn't be compared to dans adorable dimpled grin and her bright blue eyes would never meet dans big brown puppy dog eyes, for me. I had to face it, I think I was falling for Dan, and I was too far down to even try to catch myself.

Speaking of which, Dan was now fast asleep right beside me. His quiet snores coming out of his mouth in little huffs of breath. His straightened hair, now resuming back to his curly hobbit hair that I just find so damn adorable. I cuddle closer to him, feeling the warmth radiating from his body. My thoughts are now consumed with all thoughts of Dan, but one in particular.

Maybe I joined the show, because I was destined to be with him and not Zoe.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••A/N: Hey guys! Here's the second update to my double for tonight. I wanted to start adding the romance between them so I made this whole chapter hella cheesy. I hope you guys enjoy reading and please keep giving feedback!

Lots o love,
Elisaveth ❤️