Chapter 11 (revised)

Today is Friday and it has been four days since my talk with Tyler. As I asked he has given me time to think about all that has happened in the last few months and I know what I have to do. These last four days have been pretty hard on him and I. Seeing the defeated look on his face, knowing I'm the one that put it there and being close enough to touch but knowing I can't until I make up my mind, has been driving me crazy. Maybe going out with the girls tonight will take my mind off of thing if just for a while.

I finish faxing the last few pages for Austin and then walk to his office to say goodbye. He has been great though all of this, whether he is listening to me or holding me when I cry, he's always there. Austin is standing at his windows looking over the city when I walk through his door. Ever since that morning in the bathroom he has acted a bit weird but will not tell me what's going on with him. I guess when he gets ready he will share it with me. I walk up to him lacing my arm through his and lean against him. He looks down at me and smiles draping his arm around my shoulder.

"Hey sweetheart."

"Hi buttercup." I say smiling back at him.

"Is there a reason for you being here?" He says pulling away to walk back to his desk.

"I have to have a reason to come see my favorite person in the world?!" I say walking over to sit on his desk like always.

"I guess not."He say standing in front of me. "Shouldn't you be headed home?"

"Yep, that's what I came in here to tell you. I am going out with the girls tonight so don't wait up."

"I'm going out with some friends too, so we might run into each other."

"I wouldn't be upset if we did. It could be fun partying with you, but you can't judge if I get too drunk and go to acting a bit crazy."

"I would never. Just do me one big favor and be careful, because I don't need you getting hurt. I don't think I could take it if something happened to you." He says grabbing my hand.

"I'll be fine." I say looking up to his face. "Hey there is one more thing I need to talk to you about."

"This doesn't sound good."

"Its nothing bad. I think it's time I go back to my house."

"Are you sure? You don't have to, it's really no trouble having you at my place."

"Yes I'm sure. I've been at your place for two months now, it's time."

"What about you selling it? Wouldn't it be easier if you just stayed with me until it sold and you found a new place."

"I'm beginning to think you don't want time to leave." 

When I say this he gets that weird look ok his face again. What is going on with him? Austin runs his fingers through his hair and turns to walk off but I grab his arm stopping him. He is about to give me some answers to why he's being this way. He never acts like this towards me.

"Austin what's wrong? I was just joking when I said that. Please don't be mad at me."

"God Amelia, I'm not mad at you." He says pulling me to him. "I'm just worried about you."

"I'll be fine Austin. I know you worry about me and I appreciate it, but you knew I would have to eventually go home." I say pulling back and touching the side of his face. "Yes I do have several people looking at my place but no one has put an offer in yet. I still think it would be a good idea for me to start looking for a new place. I can't live with you forever."

"What about Joshua? What if he comes back drunk or mad and tries to hurt you? I just don't want anything bad to happen to you."

"I get it, I really do. I'll be fine." I say cupping his face in my hands.