Chapter 22

This chapter is dedicated to @deasyantiechi for your wonderful comment. I'm so glad you are enjoying my story. Thanks for the feedback!

All the love. M

~~~~❤️~~~~❤️~~~~❤️~~~~❤️~~~~❤️~~~~❤️~~~~❤️~~~~❤️~~~~❤️~~~~

Why does love have to be so hard? That's the question I've asked myself over and over, everyday for the last week. Every time I close my eyes I see that woman's face. I picture Austin and her together and my heart breaks all over again. Austin has called me everyday since I left his place, but I just couldn't find it within myself to answer. I know hearing his voice would only cause me more pain. That's something I just can't handle at this moment. I don't know how I'm would have handled all this without Kylie's shoulder to lean on.

Speaking of Kylie, she stayed with me for the first two days then I told her she could go home, because I needed some time alone to think. She was hesitant at first but after a long discussion she agreed. Although she has called a couple times to check on me, she hasn't stopped by. We talked last night for the first time in a few days and she informed me she talked to Austin. Kylie didn't tell him about me loving him but she did ask him about the woman at his house. I asked her what he had said but she wouldn't tell me. All she would say was I needed to have a talk with Austin. I told her I would eventually but I couldn't right now. It would just be too hard.

Today is the day I am going back to work and I am filled with different emotions. On one hand I can't help but feel excited about seeing Austin after a week of silence, while on the other I'm nervous. I'm scared that when I finally come face to face with him, I'm going to completely and totally break down. God please give me the strength to make it through this day.

As I pull into the parking lot of the company I can't stop the nerves that are bubbling up in me. The whole walk to my office I am praying I don't run into Austin, at least not yet. Once in my office I take a seat and try to get my emotions under control. Even though I haven't seen Austin yet, I know I have to face him soon enough. I am his personal assistant after all, and it is my job to be by his side to help with whatever he needs. Maybe today he'll let me have my space and work from my office. I take a few breaths to calm myself before I get up and walk to Austin's office. After knocking on the door I stand there and wait for him to answer.

Several moments later I hear him say come in from behind the door and I step inside. Just the sight of him is causing feelings I've tried to keep down the last week to rise to the surface. How can one person cause so much pleasure yet so much pain at the same time? As I approach his desk Austin looks up at me and smiles. When I look into his eyes I can feel the tears wanting to fall, but I hold them in. He rises from his seat, walks around to me, and pulls me into a bone crushing hug. Now it really is taking everything in me not to cry. I pull away from his arms and take a seat in the chair across from his desk, while he props up on the desk in front of me. We sit there looking at each other until I can't take it anymore and look away. I know I eventually have to speak, I just can't seem to find the words to say. Thankfully Austin breaks the silence.

"I've missed you."

"Me too."

"How have you been?"

"I've been better." I answer honestly.

"Why sweetheart? What's going on?"

"Nothing." I sigh.

"No, it's something. You know you can talk to me."

"I'd rather not talk about it."

"Amelia, you know we need to talk."