Chapter 19

Above is another photo of Austin.

**************************************************************************************************

Waking up I roll over and reach for Austin only to realize he isn't there. I lay in bed several moments thinking over all that happened the night before. Never did I think my life could change so much in one night. I can't help but wonder what I could have possibly done in my life for Karma to come back and kick me down like she did last night. Maybe I should try to find a way to get back on her good side before anything else happens.

I crawl out of bed and head to the bathroom, before walking into Austin's closet to grab a pair of his joggers. I make my way down the stairs and into the kitchen looking for Austin. When I enter, I see Austin propped up against the counter and Tyler sitting at the bar across from him. Without a word I walk to the refrigerator to grab a bottle of water. When I turn back around I see Austin and Tyler both looking at me. I ignore their stares and walk over to stand next to Austin. He instantly throws his arms around my shoulder and pulls me into him. I lean into him wanting to feel his warmth against me.

"It's about time you got up." Austin says looking down at me.

"Oh hush." I say as I slap his chest. "What time is it?"

"Almost eleven." I hear Tyler say.

"Thanks." I say glancing over to him.

"How long have you been up?" I ask Austin.

"An hour or so. I woke up to this one ringing the doorbell." He say pointing at Tyler. "Did you sleep good?"

"Yeah. I always do when I am here."

"I'm glad." He says leaning down to place a kiss on top of my head.

After that we stand there several moments none of us speaking. I'm so thankful that things between Austin and I aren't awkward after last night. There's no way I could go through all the things I have without him by my side. He truly is my best friend and always will be. I can't imagine my life without him in it. I take a second to look up at Austin, to see him already looking at me. He smiles at me and I smile back, then take a glance at Tyler. He is already starring at Austin and I, and just by looking at him I know he has something on his mind.

"Amelia could we maybe talk for a moment?" He asks.

"Sure." I say stepping out of Austin's arms, only to be stopped halfway.

"Are you going to be okay?" Austin asks after he turns me around to face him.

"I'll be fine." I reassure him.

"I'll be in my office if you need me. When you're done here come find me and we'll talk."

"Alright."

Austin leans down kissing me on the forehead and walks out, leaving Tyler and I alone. I walk over and take a seat on the stool beside him. We sit there neither of us saying a word. I know this is a conversation we've been needing to have for a while, I've just been putting it off. There is so much that needs to be said but neither of us want to be the first one the speak. After several more minutes I can't stand the silence any longer, so I take a deep breath and speak.

"We need to talk about us and what happened last night at the party." I state.

"I know." He says looking over at me. "But first, are you okay after all that happened with Joshua? I was so worries about you that I hardly slept last night."