Chapter Three | Sealed with a Kiss

"A what?" I ask, taking a floundering step backward.

He raises an eyebrow and the smile tilting his lips rises higher. I glare at him, fighting the urge to slap it off.

"Surely you know what a kiss is?"

"Oh eff off," I snap testily. "You know what I mean. Now, what the hell are you going on about?"

Levi, who had been furious and stormed into Mr Hibbert's office, who was rude, cold and arrogant only moments earlier, stares calmly back at me. This only irritates me further.

"A kiss," he repeats, stating the two words as easily as saying hello. I make an incredulous sound. There are many, many ways to strike a deal with someone, to keep their lips sealed- making out with someone is not one of them.

"Now why the hell would a kiss keep you quiet?" I ask, trying to keep my voice as controlled as his.

"Why not?" Levi shrugs. He watches me, amused, as I blow out a rather uncontrolled, heavy sigh.

"Er, maybe because it doesn't make any sense? And I have a boyfriend?" I think of Ryan, smiling, kind and lovely. It calms me down. His face fills my mind and suddenly so does Elle's. "And so do you!"

"I have a boyfriend?" Levi asks, humour glinting in his dark eyes.

I shut my eyes momentarily before answering, "I mean you have a girlfriend."

"I'm aware of that," he responds.

I grit my teeth. Lord please give me strength. "Then what the hell are you on about? A kiss?"

Levi actually answers me properly this time. "The both of us, we're not even friends."

"I'm aware of that," I repeat his earlier words impatiently. He doesn't appear too impressed by that.

"You obviously don't like me," he continues. No shit. "And I'm getting tired of that extremely attractive and approachable scowl you've got going on." I only scowl harder.

"So a kiss, it shouldn't mean anything," Levi explains, as if it's simple as the Moon revolving around the Earth.

"You're missing out the pretty important fact of why I would want to kiss you," I comment, crossing my arms.

"As a penalty," he immediately answers.

"What?" I look at him with disbelief. I'm seriously doubting whether this boy is okay.

"Hear me out. Both of us have found something out about the other that we shouldn't have," Levi says simply, "and both of us are with someone."

"So?"

"Imagine if you accidentally told someone what you read about me."

"I wouldn't." I shake my head profusely.

Levi glances towards the ground before looking back at me. "Or if I accidentally let slip to Elle something about, oh I don't know... what I found out?"

My mouth turns dry. My mind projects an image of Elle and Stacey, doubled over laughing. Call me names, I don't care. But if they ever find out about this... I look at Levi wide-eyed. "You wouldn't," I whisper hoarsely.

"You'd be pretty pissed right?"

"I'd bloody punch the effing lights out of you-"

"You'd be pissed. So what if you had something as payback? Like a picture."

"Can you just get to the point?"

Levi inhales, the space between his eyebrows creasing as he chooses his next words. "If there's a picture of us both kissing, and it's found, it would ruin our relationship. And if either of us lets anything slip, that picture is shared."