Chapter 24

"You're gonna be okay" Tom comforted me as we sat on his sofa. A movie played on his TV but we weren't barely  paying attention it only served as some background music . "I hope" I mumbled as his hand rubbed my back. "Fuck" Tom said sitting up. I got off him and he picked up his phone. "I forgot I work today" he groaned. "Oh" I replied kinda sad.

Tom got up to go change into his work clothes. I followed him to his room. "I don't want to go" he whined."Come with me" he said. "What do you mean?" I asked confused. "Come to work with me I get off at six" he said buttoning his shirt. "I guess so" I shrugged. He smiled and combed his hair. "I want to quit" he mumbled to himself. We both knew that wasn't gonna happen. If he wanted to go to California he needed the money. Bad.

"Ready to go?" He asked grabbing his keys and putting on his favorite yellow SnapBack. "Yea" I said putting my phone in my pocket. "Wait" Tom said closing the door. "What?" I asked before he gently placed his lips against mine. "I love you...okay?" He said looking down at me with his beautiful brown eyes that I adored so much.

"Okay, I love you too" I replied putting my forehead against his chest. "Come on" he said kissing my lips one last time before we left for his job at the bookstore. I loved going to his job because it reminded me of the day we first met. "Hey Lea how are you?" Lou asked me as we both entered the old bookstore. "I'm good how are you?" I asked. "I'm doing okay how's your mom? I heard she was getting married" he said.

"Yea in June actually" I said. "Ah, tell her I said congratulations I'm glad" he said smiling.

"Hey Tom there's a new shipment of that new Alien book- The 'We came to conquer your- ...something I forgot, but anyways it's in the backroom can you put three in the windows and the rest under the new book shelves?" He asked going into the office. "Yea sure" Tom replied going to the back. "Babe come here" Tom called from the back room. "Can you hold the door for me?" Tom asked picking up a big box. "Sure" I replied.

I held the door open as he walked past me with a big box in his arms. "Look my big strong boyfriend" I said. He laughed. "Yea I guess" he laughed. He grabbed one more box and I closed the door. "Okay" he said setting he boxes down. "He said put two? or three? in the window?" He asked. "Three" I said. He grabbed three books and set them up in each of the Windows.

After Tom finished setting the books up some customers began to come in. "Babe I'm gonna go read" I whispered grabbing a book. "Okay" he replied kissing my cheek. I smiled and walked to he back.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw a girl approach me."Hey I was wondering if you knew where the classic books were" The girl asked me. "Oh um yea there right here" I said getting up to help her. She was a girl around my age big blue eyes and long blonde hair held back in a tight ponytail. She wore a lime green tank top and a jean skirt. I couldn't help but notice the scars on her wrist.

"Here it is" I said smiling. "Oh wait, do you work here?" She asked. "No" I laughed. She face palmed. "Oh my god I'm sorry" she chuckled. "It's cool" I replied. "Do you come here often?" She asked. "Yea, do you?" I asked. "Yup I'm always here I just love books" she smiled. "Same! I love reading" I exclaimed.

About an hour later the girl I had met was sitting next to me on the small couch. We had been talking for a while now. Her name was Brianna and she seemed pretty interesting. Turns out we go to the same school but she's a year younger,which is why I never noticed her. "Oh shit I gotta go" she said getting up. "But you've got my number so just text me" she shrugged. "Okay, it was nice meeting you Brianna" I said as she grabbed the book she was about to buy. "I'll see you at school tomorrow right?" She asked. "Yea I'll see you then" I replied." Bye Lea" she waved. "Bye" I replied.

Yay I made a new friend.

"Thanks for stopping bye" Tom mumbled to the customer that was walking out. "Awe you look so bored honey" I said coming behind him and wrapping my arms around him. "I hate this job" he groaned. I kissed his back as he went on. "Babe I really want to quit" he said. "Tom you can't quit baby you need the money" I reminded.