Chapter 9: Demon Tooth

The Hibiki Elders sat cross legged on cushions, each with tea cups and elaborate kimono's. The spring breeze played with the curtains at the windows and soft sunlight poured into the room. The Third Hokage adjacent to The Elders, sipping on his own tea cup caught the impatient stare of the Elders. "Give her time." he assured. "She is still healing."

It had been days since their first conference where they demanded to see the Akuma Yoki, as they liked to call her, and not by her name. Like she was an object. A thing. A vessel for a demon. The First Elder huffed irritably. He did not like to wait or be kept waiting.

The Anbu and the personal guards of The Elders finally opened the council chamber doors where Yuzuki Uchiha stood alongside Hiko Hibiki. They entered the room and bowed politely. Yuzuki winced gripping her side.

"Don't strain yourself." The Third Hokage said motioned to the two cushions beside him. "Take a seat." he said. Hiko guided Yuzuki to the cushions and helped lower her body to sit. The entire time, the yellow eyes of the three Elders bored into her like they were taking her apart. They were truly fascinated.

"A revenant." the First Elder spoke. "How amazingly rare." his round yellow eyes turned to Hiko who lowered his head. His heart pounding in his chest.

"I would first like to apologies for the actions of my Clan." Yuzuki announced bowed her head. Her black hair falling to frame her face. "They broke into your land, your home, and stole precious items for insidious acts."

The Elders glanced to each other over their heads, fascinated. "There is no need to apologise for your fathers actions, nor the need to punish you for them." said The Second. "You have become, what's the word?" he tapped his chin. "'Compatible' with our demon. Something the Hibiki Clan hasn't seen for generations."

"The first two experiments died." The Third one announced with a chuckle. "This is something we haven't been able to accomplish and yet, here you are. Alive. Somewhat."

"All thanks to you." The First turned his attention to Hiko. "The ritual you acquired from your father, a former Elder. Eiji Hibiki."

"Correct." Hiko replied softly trying to present the utmost respect.

"And then you wasted it on this vessel, instead of your own daughter?"

"Yuzuki is like a daughter to me. And seeing my own daughter in pain like that, tore apart my heart. I just wanted her to be happy again."

"All understandable. The only reason we called you here is to thank you, initially." The First smiled when Hiko's head came up confused. "We thank you for reviving our demon and bringing back the vessel that is compatible with him."

"With all respect, I only revived Yuzuki because I love her. No other reason. I was not thinking of the demon dwelling within her."

"Regardless." The Second waved his hand through the air as if to dismiss his statement altogether. "There was also a dagger stolen from us. Jurun's tooth torn from his mouth when his own vessel ripped him from his body when The Battle of the Demons broke loose between the three brothers. We would like to know the whereabouts of that dagger."

Yuzuki's head came up and her defences too. As far as she was concerned that demon belonged to her. She wasn't going to give them the only weapon that would permanently hurt her and her demon into the wrong hands. "With all respect." she repeated Hiko's words. "I will not hand over the dagger until this demon is removed from me."

The Elders broke into laughter. Yuzuki, Hiko and even the Third Hokage all shared the same confused glances. Why where they laughing. This is a serious situation.