23. lasagna

psh hey u, go read my malum fanfic called weak. its great. (external link or my profile)

enjoy this x

Skylar's adorable laugh echoes through Calum's apartment as she pokes his cheeks repeatedly making the boy let our ridiculous sounds. The tanned boy had always been Sky's favorite, no one really understand why but it was probably because Calum's the best one with kids. Ashton claims he's the best one but Sky says otherwise.

Ree, Calum and Luke were sitting on Calum's light brown couch. Sky was placed on Calum's lap even after Luke pouted saying she should sit on his lap not Calum's, although Sky assured him she would never love Calum as much as she loves her dad.

The grown ups met up to talk about Adriana; the girl moved back to her parents house which was a few hours way.

"I really like her but when we were together I-I wasn't truly happy, the first weeks or so where amazing but it started to get somewhat toxic." Calum speaks calmly, the young girl was too busy tracing over the tanned boy's tattoos to care about the adults conversation.

Ree looks down at her fingers that were intertwined with Luke's. Her mind is running as she thinks of her best friend. Addy always had these fall outs with herself, she had always been a bit messed up when it came to drinking but it was always heartbreaking for Ree to see her like this. "She's gonna be alright, it will take a always but she always makes it through. I don't think she's ready for a relationship though, Cal. I know this is not your fault but I don't think she'll be able to be in a relationship until she understands herself."

"I get it." Calum nods understandingly and Sky notices the slight pout on his lips so she's quick to tickle him where she knows it will make him let out a small laugh.

Luke decides to stay quiet as his girlfriend and best friend exchange a few more words regarding Adriana. He feels bad but he doesn't know her well enough to participate in the conversation.

Yes, Ree is officially Luke's girlfriend.

It had only been three days but the boy was delighted to finally be able to call the pretty girl his girlfriend.

Ree looks at the smiling boy in front of her with a confused look on her face. "It's almost 3am, what do you mean we have a date?"

"C'mon, just come with me." Luke extends his hand and Ree lets him grab hers.

"I just don't understand-Luke, I'm in my pajamas!" She exclaims when Luke opens the door and drags her out of the apartment.

"So, am I." He simply says and clicks on the elevator's button.

His thumb massaged Ree's hand as the elevator went up which confused Ree even more, why the hell were they going up? She thought of the roof, surprinsingly she had never been up there.

The elevator doors open and Luke drags Ree once again, the girl lets out a loud sigh and tries to keep up with Luke's long legs.

The boy opens a door that holds a sign reading TERRACE in big bold letters. "So, Inwas planning a nice fancy dinner like they do in the movies and shit but then it hit me, we are not fancy dinners. We are being up until 5-fucking-am writing songs, we are eating dinner left overs when the sun is rising because we were up all night, we are long talks about the stars and the universe; we are Luke and Ree and we're both a bit messed up but I wouldn't have it any other way."

Ree's dark eyes take in the sight in front of her as her mind listens and craves Luke's words, a blanket is placed on the ground and just as Luke had said, heated left overs of the frozen lasagna they had for dinner was on the blanket; it probably tasted like shit but they didn't care.