24. wedding

imagine people who are starting this book now and look through the titles names, this can be very misleading it aint their wedding we got a long road to go

-

"Who the fuck as a wedding on the beach? It's literally the most ridiculous thing ever, what if it gets windy-" Luke rambles has he buttons up his white shirt. His usual skinny jeans were wrapped around his legs (Luke had a long fight with his mom about wearing them until and she finally gave in).

"Calm down, it's just the ceremony, the reception is in wedding venue. Don't need to worry 'bout the seagulls eating your food, babe." Ree chuckles and wraps her arms around Luke's torso from behind.

Luke sighs and looks at the mirror reflection of his two month girlfriend. Ree is wearing a pale pink skater dress with a square neck and spaghetti straps, Luke thinks it looks unbelievably cute on her. The wedding wasn't that formal, the groom wouldn't even wear a tie, after all it was a wedding on the beach. "You look beautiful."

The last two months had been heaven and hell at the same time; heaven because being in a relationship with Ree made Luke beyond happy and hell because he had been spending so much time away promoting the album all through Australia and playing shows.

Luke spent a whole month away, he came back a week or so before the wedding. Ree missed him so much more than predicted, it felt like a part of her was missing. All that time away meant no sex, maybe Ree was being a bit extreme about this but she felt like Luke was avoiding sex, the boy who used to bring girls to his apartment almost every night was avoiding his girlfriend's body. Luke had assured her he just wanting to make things right but Ree's self esteem was saying otherwise, it was telling her she wasn't enough to the newly rock star.

They were staying at Luke's parents place because it was closer to the beach than their apartment, Skylar was also with them, the little girl was more than excited for the wedding.

"You're gonna put the bride to shame, baby girl." Luke says and turns around, his large hands cup her face before his lips meet hers in a passionate kiss.

"Shut up, Valerie is gorgeous." Ree mumbles when they pull away a little, their foreheads are still touching when Luke shakes his head in disagreement.

"You're-"

A knock on the door interrupts Luke's words making him let out a sigh. "Daddy! Grandma said it's time to leave!"

-

Luke was sitting on his assigned table watching his two favorite girls dancing on the dance floor. Skylar was giggling like crazy and Ree couldn't help but to giggle as well. The boy almost jumped out off his chair when he felt a light tap on his shoulder.

"Jeez, mom, you scared me!" Luke says and raises his hand to his chest feeling his heart thump.

"Have you told her?" The woman asks and sits on the chair beside his son.

"What?"

Liz rolls her eyes at her sons confused look. "Have told your girlfriend you're leaving to be an opening act on a tour that's all over America, Luke?"

The boy's eyes widen and he looks around to make sure Ree hadn't heard. "No, mom, I haven't. Today is supposed to be a happy day."

"Honey, those aren't bad news, you guys are making your dreams come true! It will be tough but Ree will understand and she will support, you guys will make it." Luke takes in his mom's words as his eyes focus on Ree again, he's not sure if they'll make it but he's willing to give it a try.

Liz walks away after leaving a kiss on her youngest son's forehead. Luke sighs and fills up his glass with a bit of wine, he doesn't even enjoy wine that much and a sip won't get him drunk euther but since adults always drink wine Luke feels as if if he drinks wine he'll find a solution to his problems like a proper adult would.

After a while, Luke gets bored and leaves his table. Everyone was on the dance floor except a couple people and the newlyweds that were chatting on their table with their parents as they waited for the first dance. Luke's bandmates were also at the wedding, they were always close with each other's families. Michael brought Amba and Ashton obviously brought his girlfriend, Luke's sister. Poor Calum was alone but Sky made sure she kept him company most of the time.

"Hey baby, I think it's my time to dance with Ree now, go ask Calum to dance, he looks lonely." Luke whispers to his daughter and she nods and walks away quickly after kissing her father's cheek, her big heart hurting at the thought of Calum feeling lonely.

Ree smiles when Luke intertwines their fingers together. "I can't dance." Luke whispers in his girlfriend's ear as if it was his biggest secret.

"I'll teach you." Ree smiles and places Luke's hands on her waist before wrapping her arms around his neck.

They tried dancing for a while but even with Ree teaching him, Luke kept stepping on her toes. The couple ended up giving up and just stood on the same place swaying back and forth.

"You look so pretty, baby. I could take you right here." Luke's voice sounds rough as he whispers those words into Ree's ear. Luke could feel her let out a breath and tense.

"Then do." Ree's words flow through the air like lullabies to Luke's ear and he had to control himself not to do what Ree begged him to.

"Please, have some patience. I want to, I really fucking want to." Luke whispers back and holds her as close as possible. He can feel her nodding against his chest and Luke also knows Ree is slightly mad about it but doesn't question it knowing damn well Ree will tell him to drop it.

Luke takes a peek at his brother and his wife, they look beyond happy. Luke wants that one day. With Ree, if possible.

"It's almost time for the groom and the bride's first dance! Please go back to your tables so we can give Jack and Valerie some space." A voice says through the speakers of the venue.

"C'mon, we have to sit." Luke grabs Ree's hands and pulls her to their table where the rest of their friends are already seated.

Ree still looked like she was in deep thought when they sat on their chair. The newlyweds got up with big smiles on their faces, Jack took his lady's hand in his and led her to the middle of the dance floor.

Everyone watched the happy couple with that glow in their eyes, they were in love. However, Ree was looking at them more intensely than anyone, a tear almost falling from her eye.

"Hey, baby, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" Luke starts to panic but Ree keeps her eyes on the dancing couple.

"Just, the way they're looking at each other. I want that so bad. They're glowing, they are so in love."

Luke glances quickly and sees exactly what Ree means. Ree always sees everything, she sees through lies and she notices the most little things because she is always observing everything. What she couldn't see was the way Luke was looking at her that exact moment, the boy was staring at her with the same look Jack stared at Valeria or vice versa. Luke was glowing, he was so in love.

-

oh shat

what did ya think

Ree's worries bc of the sex?

theyre going on tour in america and luke hasnt told ree yikes luke wyd

tHE "LOOK" IN THAT LAST PARAGRAPH THO

-kourt