epilogue

block f's epilogue 

Harry Styles - Meet Me in the Hallway

Ree's pencil slid against the rough paper of her thick and old notebook as she hummed the words that were being wrote down quietly. Luke was asleep beside her on the comfortable bed, Ree had grown out of her sleeping problems after a year or so of therapy and medication but tonight she was trying her best not to fall asleep; her mind was at its creative peek and she felt the need to write everything down now. 

Her soon-to-be-husband's snores filled the quiet room and made Ree smile. Luke had come home to their house tired after a long day in the studio, Ree knew how hard it could be, not that she experienced it herself at least not it the same way Luke did. Ree wrote and produced beautiful songs that she proceeded to sell to other artists that would reach top of the charts while singing Ree's words.

It didn't bother her, Ree was not one to be in the spotlight, she didn't feel comfortable with everyone's eyes on her however her passion for music kept on growing everyday as she learnt a little bit more. After co-writing and producing a couple songs for 5 Seconds of Summer she decided to make a living out of it, writing and producing for other people. She still loved to sing, with Luke, in the comfort of their house.

She tried her best to keep her eyes open as she wrote a couple more words down while imagining a melody to go with them, after a couple more minutes of doing so Ree called it a night and placed the black book on top of her nightstand before cuddling into Luke and placing a soft kiss on his naked chest.

The twenty nine year old was almost falling asleep when a soft kick was felt in her belly making her smile, she grabbed Luke's hand and placed it where she felt it and waited for the baby boy to kick again like he always did and he did not disappoint, Luke that was already almost awake from all the moving around Ree was doing smiled when he felt the kick against his hand. 

"Shouldn't the baby and his mom be sleeping?" His deep voice made Ree smiled and she kept her eyes on the man in front of her. Luke still kept the beard look that he had years ago when the couple got back together, well they didn't get together right away it took a full year of just being friends and starting all over until they were both ready to develop a relationship once again. His hair was longer now, showing his beautiful curls that were often pulled into a bun. 

"Baby won't let me sleep." Ree whined and pecked Luke's neck. 

"He's eager to meet dad, just one more month, Mason." Luke whispered as his fingers tip ran under Ree's t-shirt. 

Mason Spencer Hemmings was eager to see the world and made sure his mom felt it with the strong kicks he sent every now and then, at first it scared Ree a bit but the doctor assured her it was alright. 

"Luke, will you drive Sky to school tomorrow morning? I haven't slept so I don't think I'll be able to be up that early."

Amanda had given full custody of Skylar to both Luke and Ree after a long and exhausting court case, not that Amanda was really fighting for Skylar she was more fighting for Luke's money that was given to her after the case was closed. 

"Don't worry, I got it." He mumbled before telling Ree to sleep as he continued to massage her stomach.

Luke was beyond excited to meet Mason almost as much as Skylar, the fourteen year old girl was eager to meet the little brother she had been begging for.

Ree and Luke were a bit hesitant on having kids since both of them were so busy but they figured it there was a right to have a baby it would be now, Luke was getting ready to release the bands' last album and end the tour life. Ree had also decided to stop travelling since most of her job was based in American recording studios, when she found out she was pregnant she restrained her work to only Australian ground.