Chapter 28

I caught a ridiculous cold last night from dancing out in the cold and drinking more than I'm accustomed to.

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay here alone Eva?" Asher look with concerned as I laid there looking like a sick mess. He rubbed my back as I sniffed and coughed, it's ridiculous wolves get colds at all.

I nodded and he sighed, I saw the sadness in his eyes. I didn't want to get out of bed because I knew I couldn't walk, my entire body was numb so I just laid there as I watched Asher leave along with Eden and Leah, I sighed and turned the TV on watching the rerun of shows. I tried getting out of bed because I heard my stomach growl in anger, I collapsed while trying to get out of bed, I knew I was gonna. Everyday I was getting weaker and weaker ever since the rogue attack. I sighed and just laid on the floor staring at the ceiling, I was frustrated.

I fell asleep for hours it seems because when I awoke I was back on the bed tucked in and the TV was turned off. I got up and was hit with a wave of pain, I felt nauseous, I rubbed my eyes and stretched in bed. I whimpered.

"Eva are you alright?" Asher asked outside of the room. I sat in silence.

I heard door creak open slowly, Asher peered from behind the door. I hugged my knees and stared at the floor. Asher approached me slowly sitting on the edge of the bed, I looked over at him and wrapped my arms around him I buried my face into his shoulder.

He embraced me as if his life depended on it.

"Let's go for a run." I beamed immediately feeling a burst of energy at the thought of running. I jumped out of bed uncaring of how disgusting I looked, Asher laughed and followed closely. We snuck out of the house without being followed.

I stretched my limbs out and stripped, I made Asher look away as I felt my bones crack into place, white fur growing. I shook myself like a wet dog feeling the cold air get tangled in my fur. I sprinted forward feeling Asher close behind me, I couldn't get very far without him catching up easily.

I growled at him playfully frustrated I couldn't keep up. He just gave a snort and ran off ahead of me, I glared and ran following the large black wolf. The forest was absolutely mesmerizing, the quiet chirps of birds and the flaming skies created by the sun setting. It seemed as if the leaves danced with the sky as I ran faster and faster enchanted by the blur of colours.

Asher stopped and looked back, he encouraged me to follow him, we wandered deeper and deeper into the forest, we weaved through trees and jumped over bushes until I heard the crashing of water, we followed a stream until it came into view. An magnificent waterfall stood before me in glory.

The water reflected the flaming sky, without hesitation I jumped in letting the water envelop me.

"It's nice isn't it?" I heard Asher's voice in my mind, I turned around watching him as he laid his head on his paws staring at me with admiration in his eyes. I nodded and jumped around in the shallow waters splashing water everywhere like a child.

"This place is our secret, nobody else is allowed here, just us." Asher said to me. I shifted uncaring that I was bare, I swam near him and hugged his wolf form tightly, the warmth of him enveloped me and his soft fur tickled my body. I giggled and jumped back into the water.

Closing my eyes and letting myself float, the water carried me where it wanted to, the powerful yet gentle crashes of the water were calming.

I could feel Cynthia's happiness, although it may seem she has abandoned me she hasn't she can't and she never would, I love her as much as she loves me. Without her I wouldn't be able to feel the freedom I can when I run with my wolf form. I hold her dearly thinking of all the times we spent together, she made me strong and spoke to me when no one else would.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

A/N

I'm so sorry for the lack of updates, I've been extremely busy looking for universities and colleges I could attend, the semester is also almost over so that means the finals, I've been focusing a lot on my future so please forgive me for putting my writing aside. On a good note thank you all for the wonderful success WolfsBane is having and thank you for 150 followers.

As always thank you all for the support and remember to vote, share, and comment! I love reading everyone's comments so please feel free to.

••- Astral