FWFC Logo Making Contest

MECHANICS:

- This contest is open to all Filipino Wattpad users residing in the Philippines. There is no age requirement.

- Admins of FWFC may also join the contest but their work, together with the works of other participants, must remain anonymous throughout the contest proper. Only the contest coordinator (Admin libranages) is allowed to know which entry belongs to which contestant.

- All elements of the logo should be ORIGINAL. Using stock-free photos from the web is prohibited. In the event that a participant uses an image that is not of his/her original design, he/she will be disqualified. This is considered plagiarism.

- The size of the logo is 8 in x 8 in. It must be of high resolution (at least 300 dpi) and should contain an element that is distinct to Philippine mythology and folklore. (Examples are 'ibong adarna' or 'sarimanok.' Since 'sirena' also appears in other mythologies, it is not distinctly Filipino.)

- The logo should feature the letters FWFC prominently. There is no need to put the entire meaning of the acronym.

- The logo should not contain images of profanity or mature content, or anything that will illicit such thoughts.

- There is no limit to the number of colors that you may use. However, the logo should look good both in colored and in grayscale (for printing purposes). The logo must be submitted as two separate .png files: one for colored, and one for grayscale.

SUBMISSION OF ENTIES:

- All entries must be submitted to libranages@gmail.com before 6 PM of September 04, 2016. The participant will also notify the contest coordinator by posting a comment on this page followed by hashtag #FWFClogo to distinguish it from questions or random comments.

- Only one entry per contestant is allowed.

- By submitting his/her entry, the participant acknowledges the rules of this contest and testifies that no part of his/her entry contains any copyrighted material. Any issue or concern that may arise from the participant's logo, but is not limited to copyright infringement and plagiarism, shall be solely attributed to the participant. FWFC will not be held liable for any legal matters that may arise from the participant's illegal activities.

OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES:

By sending their entries for this contest, the participants agree that all entries in the competition will be properties of the Filipino Writers in Fantasy Category book club, and will be used by the club for whatever purpose it may serve.

JUDGING:

The FWFC admins will act as the panel of judges. The contest coordinator (Admin libranages) will present the logos, while keeping their anonymity, to the panel. This is to prevent any form of bias, and to attain an objective decision. The logo will be judged based on its relevance to the prompt (40%), originality (40%), and overall aesthetics (20%).  The logo that will garner the highest overall score will be declared as the winner.

PRIZES:

There is only one winner in this contest and he/she will receive the following:

(1) a shoutout on the FWFC page

(2) a dedication in the CONTESTS book

(3) 300-peso load c/o the FWFC admins

(4) a book of his/her choice from the list to be provided (free shipping and handling)

(5) bragging rights as the creator of the FWFC logo

OTHER MATTERS:

The FWFC reserves the right not to select a winner in the event that no suitable entries are received.

The FWFC reserves the right to make modifications, but not limited to change in font style and color, to the winning logo.

***

Let your creative juices flow! ^_^