PaligsaLarawan: A Character Making Contest

TO ENTER

• Each participant must like the FWFC BOOKCLUB group page using this link: (https://www.facebook.com/groups/FWFCbookclub/), and follow our wattpad account using this link: (https://www.wattpad.com/user/FWFC_2016/)

• The participant must be a Filipino residing in the Philippines. There is no age requirement.

CONTEST MECHANICS

• Each contestant must create an illustration of a fictional character from a wattpad story tagged as FANTASY. Characters from already published materials (such as Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Sailor Moon, etc.) are not allowed.

• The illustration must have the following specifications: (a) file size from 300KB to 2MB, and (b) resolution of 200 to 300 dpi.

• Artists are not allowed to put their signature or any identifying marks on their work. The work must remain anonymous during the contest.

• The fictional character must not be drawn in such a way that could illicit extreme violence, pornography, bullying, and animal cruelty.

• In the description of the artwork, include the title of the book the character was lifted from, and the wattpad username of the author. Include also the link to the book to facilitate the contest administrators in tracking down the book.

• The FWFC Admin reserves the right to reject or disqualify an entry on the grounds of violating any of the contest rules.

ALLOWED MEDIA

• The artwork may be drawn and colored using any medium (digital or physical) for as long as it showcases the artist's artistic personality.

• Use of avatar makers and other applications or software of similar format is prohibited since it defeats the purpose of the contest, which is to showcase the artist's talent.

• If the image contains only black, white and shades of gray, this will be considered 'uncolored' and therefore violates one of the contest rules.

SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES

• Submit your entry in .jpg or .png format to fwfcwattpad@gmail.com on or before December 31, 2017. Your e-mail should contain the following: (a) your entry as attachment, and (b) a description of your work including the title of the wattpad book, the name of the author of the book, and the link to that book, (c) and your real full name and wattpad username (if any).

• After submitting your entry, comment #PaligsaLarawan on this book chapter to notify the administrators.

• Only one entry is allowed per participant. If you have multiple wattpad accounts, please use your most active account.

• By submitting his/her entry, the participant acknowledges the rules of this contest and testifies that no part of his/her entry was generated using an avatar making software or contains any copyrighted material. Also, the artist assures that if the character is not from his/her book, the artist obtained the permission from the author of the book to use the character in a contest.

OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES

• The entries are owned by the artists.

JUDGING AND VOTING

• All entries will be posted on the FWFC Contest Book in wattpad simultaneously on January 06, 2018.

• Voting period will run from January 06 to 21, 2018. During this period, voters must vote on the chapter dedicated to the contest entries.

• Participants may promote their works through social networking sites but they are not allowed to disclose their entry. FWFC will release a general pubmat for sharing and advertisement purposes. Only the number of votes in the book chapter will be counted as actual votes.

• By the end of the judging period, the image that earned the highest number of votes will be declared as the winner.

• FWFC Admins are not allowed to vote during the judging period.

• In case of tie, the FWFC Admins will vote which one will be chosen as the winner.

PRIZES

• The winning participant will receive the following as prize: 300 peso cellphone load, a shout out on FWFC's wattpad, and 1,000 pesos.