03. i won't hurt you

"Dad

"Dad." Josh looked up at the ceiling. "What's up?"

"I was gonna ask you the same thing. Juliet's wondering what's taking you so long. So we came to check up on you." His dad responded.

My blue eyes looked into Josh's eyes shaking my head. He shook his head in response to me, before answering his dad.

"Uh. I'm fine. My stomach just hurts and I wanted to use the restroom before we left."

I rolled my eyes as I pushed Josh's hand off of my mouth and pulled out my phone. His eyes widened as he snatched my phone from my hands which made my blood boil. I shot him a death glare, which he sighed in response.

"Oh. Okay. You aren't getting cold feet are you?" The other voice asked which I was sure it was Juliet's father.

"Give me back my phone." I squeaked in a low voice only audible for Josh.

"No. I love Juliet. I'll be out soon." Josh replied before shaking his head.

My phone buzzed a second later which made both our eyes wide. It was from Lucas. I reached for my phone but he held it higher than me. I wanted to smack him across the face, but I knew it would be too loud.

"Alright. Should we wait for you?" His dad asked as the sound of water coming out the faucet filled the room.

"Uh. You don't have to." And with that the two males left the room. I pushed Josh away from me and hoped off down to my feet.

"This never happened." I hissed as I took my phone from his hands and headed back towards the table. I checked the message from Lucas and it was him asking what was taking so long. When I finally sat back down, Lucas was scrolling through his phone.

"Hey." I smiled at him.

"What took so long? You must've been in there for twenty minutes." He chuckled as he put his phone away.

"Him." I replied sharply as my eyes followed Josh who was wrapping his arms around Juliet.

"Wait. What? You talked to him in the bathroom?" Lucas whispered.

"He kinda pulled me into the guy's restroom and was talking about how he couldn't believe I was with you." I summarized the whole conversation leaving out that he thought I was jealous.

"I think he still has feelings for you." Lucas mumbled under his breath which made my eyes widened.

"Well it doesn't matter anymore. I got a great fake boyfriend." I joked.