14. over it

I looked at myself in the mirror

I looked at myself in the mirror. The long red colored lace dress that barely touched the floor when I was wearing heels. I flattened it out with my hands as I grabbed the sides. I couldn't help myself as I twirled in the flowly fabric with a small giggle. When a rough cough broke the silence. I stopped to see Lucas staring at me with a large smile on his lips.

"How long have you been standing there?" I raised my eyebrows as I walked towards him and looked at what he was wearing. He had on a sharp black tux.

"Hmmm. Long enough to see that Riley has gotten to you." He joked as he grabbed my hand pulling me in tightly. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he put his hands on my waist.

"You sure clean up good." I smirked as I looked up at him.

"You're one to talk, Hart. This dress makes me feel some type of way. Mmmmm." He whispered which made me blush a little.

"I would love for you to see what's underneath this dress, but that'll have to wait.. At least till after the wedding" I teased as I brought my lips closer to his.

"Maya." A voice interrupted us which caused both of us to break away. It was Riley, she was standing there in her bridesmaids dress.

"What's wrong, Riles?" I furrowed my eyebrows as I noticed the expression on her face.

"He still hasn't texted or called me. I thought we would've went to the wedding together." Both Lucas and I looked at eachother. Farkle. They haven't talked in weeks. In a few moments she ran into my arms. She was lazily sobbing as if she was tired of crying. I looked up at Lucas and mouthed 'call him'.

"Listen, Riles. I love Farkle, but he is stupid to leave you. You are one in a million and any guy would be lucky to have you." I whispered into her ear and pulled away. I held onto her hand tightly as I looked up at her.

"I miss him, Maya." She looked down at her heels.

"I do too, but right now we have a wedding to go to. You are one of Juliet's bridesmaids. This is your uncle's wedding. Your families gonna be there for you and so am I." I cupped her chin and made her look at me. I smiled looking at her and she softly smiled back. In a few moments she took in a deep breath.

"You're right. I'm stronger than this." She exclaimed as she pushed her hair out her face and wiped any tears that formed. She strutted out the room and I quickly looked at Lucas.

"Did he answer?" I furrowed my eyebrows as he scrolled on his phone.

"Nope. I called him twice. No answer." He replied which made me groan. I ran my fingers through my blonde hair.

"He told me he was out in business, but I thought he would've came back by now." I admitted as I grabbed the phone in his hands and dialed Farkle's number. I waited for a few seconds.

"The number you have dia-"

Nothing.

"Fuck. Come on let's just get through the ceremony than go on a Farkle hunting trip," I sighed as I laced my fingers with his pulling him with me "I swear I'm gonna kill him."

"You're cute when you're angry." I could hear Lucas tease me which made me turn around.

"Don't test me, Friar." I grumbled which caused him to jump back a bit before wrapping his arms around my waist. I gave him a dirty glare that quickly went away when I felt his lips on mine. He broke away moments later with a smirk on his lips. I raised one eyebrow.

"Riley, interrupted us last time. I couldn't just leave without my kiss." He grinned which made me roll my eyes with a small smile.

"Okay, Huckleberry, lets go." I chuckled as we walked downstairs. We were gonna wait for Riley, but she insisted on us going before her. Juliet's sister was gonna pick her up and drive her. So Lucas and I drove alone. When we got to the large house they had rented for the wedding, my eyes widened as I noticed all the beautiful details. The walkway was long to the entrance and in the back was where they would hold the ceremony. The walkway had flower petals scattered on the trail. Lucas and I walked into the house together but were soon stopped by Josh.

He was standing there with his hands in his pocket as he greeted everyone who came to the house. Once his eyes landed on us they widened.

"Hey, kiddies." He chuckled as he shook Lucas's hand who raised an eyebrow.

"I thought it was bad luck for the groom to see the bride and I'm sure Juliet is around here." I peeked over his shoulder to spot the familiar blonde.

"Yeah. Juliet doesn't believe in all that superstitious bull crap, but she is getting ready upstairs. She thought it would be a good idea for me to say to everyone before it started. I think this is her way to be sure I don't leave." He joked as he looked between Lucas and I.

"You wouldn't leave her at the alter, of course." Lucas chuckled shaking her his and my arms instinctively wrapped around Lucas's.

"Ah. You two both look great. Lucas, you are very lucky." Josh smirked as he noticed me. I watched as his smirk quickly turned into a friendly smile. Which made me smile.

"I'm surprised Lucas actually got into a black suit. I expected a blue one." A familiar voice teased from behind us. We turned our heads at the same time to see the tall light brown haired male standing there with a smile.

He was wearing a black suit similar to Lucas's. His seemed to fit his body loosely, but it still looked good. His hair was done neatly and he had his usual smile on his lips.

"Farkle Minkus." I growled as I grabbed his hand yanking him with me away from the two other males. His eyes widened as he unwilling followed me.

"What the literal fuck is wrong with you? You left and didn't say a thing about it to Riley. I have never seen that girl cry more than when she was thinking of you. She kissed Lucas so what. It doesn't matter. It's not the first time. Also you could've at least mention to her that you would be gone." I hissed as I pulled him into the restroom closing the door behind us.

"I know. I've had my time to myself. You all gave me space and I'm over it." He simply said as he leaned against the sink.

"Wait. What?" I stopped myself from continuing my angry rant.