06. need someone

short chapter but angsty one!

Lucas's green eyes shined in the dark as he looked back at Josh as the brunette walked towards his car

Lucas's green eyes shined in the dark as he looked back at Josh as the brunette walked towards his car. I bit my bottom lip as Josh pulled out the driveway and left. Lucas looked back towards me and I looked up.

"What happened?" He asked as he slid past me our shoulders briefly touching.

"Nothing. We just talked about some stuff and then you called me. He decided to leave." I half lied as I closed the door behind me and let out a small sigh.

"Alright. I think we should talk too. Maya I don't know what's going on. Riley or Farkle haven't talked to me either. I can't deal with you ignoring me too. Please." He whispered as he looked in my direction.

"Luc-"

"Please. I'm sorry if I did something wrong. Zay is planning on leaving next week back to Texas and I wasn't sure if we were still going to the wedding together or what. If you want me to leave I'll leave." He interrupted me and grabbed ahold of my hand. I forgot that Lucas didn't live here anymore. Seeing him again made it feel natural. Like we were the six best friends again. It felt weird that we were all separated from eachother.

"I don't think you should leave." I mumbled under my breath. "I need you.."

"Say it again." He spoke louder than before and didn't keep his eyes off of mine.

"What?" I asked confused onto what he meant.

"Say it again."

"I need you." I whispered looking down at our hands together. I was sure he could hear my heart beating. Thump. Thump. I didn't know what to do or say. We stood there for what feels like forever not saying a single word to eachother. I was too afraid to look him in his eyes. That's when his other hand cupped my chin and tipped my head up. He brought his lips down to mine.

I can't describe it.

The way his lips fell on mine as if they were perfect together. As if they were meant for eachother. I was shocked but loved it.

After a few moments of our lips connected, I finally broke to breathe. His forehead was pressed against mine as he looked into my eyes and I looked back into his.

"Maya." He whispered even though we were the only two in the house.

"Please stay." I whispered back. "Please stay always."

He backed up slowly hearing my words which made my heart crumble. His hurt expression as he looked towards me. I furrowed my eyebrows in response. I didn't say anything wrong.

"You know I can't stay forever. As much as I would love to, but after the wedding I'll have to leave. I have to go home back to school." He said softly but it hurt.

"What?" I exclaimed even though I knew he was right. "Can't you transfer to a college in New York and you can finish here."

"Maya, you know that I have to go back." He let go of my hand. "We barely started talking again this month after you not bothering to send me a text or call. Until you convinced your ex boyfriend we were dating. I don't know if I should move out here."

I looked down at my hand as he let go. It fell down to my waist and I could feel my breathing begin to become strained.

"You broke up with my best friend before you moved back to Texas. Can you blame me for not calling? Days turned to weeks and weeks turned to months. The last thing I wanna hear from Riley is about you till she got over you. I had to be around sulking Riley as she talked about how great you were. The same Riley you have feelings for now."

"That was between Riley and I. She knew too that I was planning on moving back to Texas for college. I thought we were closer than that for you to not bother me. I missed you, Maya. It doesn't matter how I feel about Riley."

"Riley is my best friend and you really think she won't tell me what happens between you two? So you are doing the same thing to me..that you did to her. Aren't you the romantic? Obviously not enough. Yes it does! You can't kiss me like that but have feelings for my best friend.. Again." I added as I ran my fingers through my hair.

"You were the one who told me to go to Riley! You had already chosen yourself. Tell me how was it? Falling for Josh again after hearing.. I like you too? Then have him cheat on you years later?" He faked laughed which caught me off guard. "How is it, Maya? Hmm?"

"What happened between me and Josh is a different story and none of your business." I looked away from his eyes.

"Yet, you wanted me here to make him jealous. You wanted him to want you back. You wanted him to see he made a mistake by letting you go." I could feel myself begin to heat up.

"Get out." I mumbled under my breath.

"What?" He asked.

"Get out!" I practically yelled as I swung the door open and seconds later he was out the door.

"You need someone. Maybe it's not me." He muttered quietly before walking towards his car and the cold air hit me. I slammed the door behind him and slid down the door. My vision became blurry as tears filled the rim of my eyelids.