10. feel like you

My eyes fluttered open feeling the heat of the sun peaking through the window blinds

My eyes fluttered open feeling the heat of the sun peaking through the window blinds. I groaned as I sat up from, what I assumed, my bed. I squinted my eyes as I took in my surroundings. Wait. My eyes widened as I noticed it was a light blue colored room. There was a dresser and a closet that was left open with nothing in it. I reached to grip the sheets next to me when my fingers brushed against something or someone.

Oh no. I thought as I looked down at my body and noticed I was just wearing an undershirt and my boy shorts. My eyes slowly moved towards the right of me. There he was. My mind quickly went to the wrong place. As I laid here under the covers with him next to me.

Josh laid sound asleep with his arm hanging off the bed. Was this his apartment? I'd been in his apartment a few times, but I never saw this room. I slowly got up from the bed and noticed my phone on the bedside table. I clicked the center button to illuminate the phone.

(8) missed calls from honey
(18) messages from honey
(4) missed calls from flat butt
(6) missed calls from the genius
(8) messages from princess isa
(9) messages from huckleberry

I was surprised they all called me. I must've not told them where I was going last night, but I couldn't remember. Everything felt like a blur. I wasn't even sure how I ended up here. I set my phone back down and decided I better leave before Josh woke up. I turned my head to look at him when I hit the dresser with my foot.

"Fuck!" I yelped as I looked at the dresser. "Stupid dresser."

"M-Maya." I could hear him groan and I turned to face him.

"Josh. What happened last night?" I asked as I sat down on the bed next to where he laid.

"Well. Juliet called me saying she saw you somewhere downtown at a dress shop so she convinced you to come here. You talked about Lucas a lot. Something about him betraying you? I don't think you were sad, but just angry. I calmed you down and got you into bed. You changed your clothes and wouldn't let me leave the room so I stayed here till you dozed off. I ended up doing the same." I listened to him as he spoke and I internally groaned. I was a mess. I still am.

"I'm sorry." I whispered looking down at my fingers.

"Don't be. I'm gonna be here for you. Always." His warm smile made it feel like it used to be. Before we started dating. When he was there and I could count on him.

I wasn't sure if us dating ruined everything, when we broke up. But I didn't. Josh was great. He was there for me. Even when I told him to forget me. Where his feelings real? I'm not sure. But it didn't matter. Josh was in love with his fiancé.