07. different

My head was killing me in the morning when I realized the mess I made with both Josh and Lucas last night

My head was killing me in the morning when I realized the mess I made with both Josh and Lucas last night. I'd managed to push them both away and I knew they wouldn't come back. I was being selfish with both of them.

Josh confessed the truth and that he still loved me after everything that happened. I knew it was wrong to even try to make it work. He was my first love and it was the hardest to get over but I had already recovered. Not to mention the fact that his wedding was only weeks away. I knew he expected me to run away him and never look back. He craved what he couldn't have and it was as if hearing Lucas and I were more than friends made him want me more. Maybe I was overthinking everything, but it felt weird. That he invited me to his wedding then finds out I have a boyfriend and admit he still loved me.

I wanted Lucas to stay with me. Being with him again made me feel sane. Made me feel like it was okay. I couldn't get over that fact that he mentioned having feelings for Riley. He made me laugh. He made me smile. He made me nervous. His lips against mine. His fingers intertwined with mine perfectly. As much as I didn't wanna admit it again I did need him. I wanted him around me all the time. I wanted things to be like they used to be, but without the triangle bullshit.

Riley reminded me that she was going to the store with Juliet and a bunch of other bridesmaids to figure out the dresses. I knew where I stood with Juliet and knew not to even ask to tag along, but apparently Juliet asked if I could come. She told Riley something about needing an outsiders perspective, which felt like a dig, but I over looked it.

I got dressed in a few minutes and left the house an hour later. I went to this small fancy boutique located around other small shops. When I first walked in my eyes widened as I looked at all the different dresses. There were a wide range of short and long dresses in various colors. I saw the occasional long white dress with lace. I wasn't even sure what dress I was gonna wear yet but I knew white was out of the question.

"Maya!" A voice exclaimed which caused me to turn my head towards them.

"Riles." My smile perked up as I wrapped my arms around her tightly. She hugged me back and then we broke away.

"Where's Juliet?" I asked as she lead me to her.

It only took a second to find the blonde as she talked to a group of women. She was standing next to a taller blonde with bright blue eyes. I concluded it must've been her sister. The way Juliet looked up at her as if she envied her. Even though it was her wedding.

"Oh. Maya!" Juliet looked over at the two of us as she finished talking to her sister.

"Okay, girls. I really like this light pink colored dress." She flashed a grin as another women brought the dress she described. "Please try it on. Maya and I will wait."