Explanations

August 22th, 2018

Victoire's PoV

It was the big day. The band had posted that they were going to do a Live Show on YouTube where they explained everything. There were tons of comments with speculations. Mitch and Scott were setting up the camera and I was stretching my leg and arm like the physical therapist told me to do. I was in a floral dress that Kirstie had bought me and Kirstie had done my hair and makeup.

Kevin helped me downstairs. Stairs were still very troubling for me. The live show would start without me in it. I sat off camera and played with my bracelet while the band got ready. Esther was here, too, for support.

"Hey guys!" Scott started off. "We're Pentatonix, as you already know, and we're here to address why our album release is delayed."

"This is going to be more of a serious video, so just a heads up," Mitch said.

"We decided to be completely honest with you, so here goes," Kevin said.

"Come on in here, Vic," Avi said while patting a spot between Kevin and himself.

I limped over to them and sat down. "This is Victoire Scott," Avi explained. "I'm sure you already know her. She interned with us and know she has a full-time job with us."

"She lives with Kevin and Avi," Kirstie explains.
"On July 4th, 2018, something unthinkable happened," Scott said.

"Do you want to say it, Vic?" Mitch asked kindly.
"On July 4th, someone broke into our house. I'm sure the intent was originally theft, but he ended up holding me, Avi, and Kevin hostage. He had hold of me and shot me in the left shoulder and the leg."
"You may not know this, but a shot in the left shoulder can be fatal," Kevin explained.
"We lost Victoire twice that night," Mitch said, a slight crack in his voice.

"We're going to check the comments for questions," Kirstie said.

I skimmed the comments and saw a lot of sympathy, which was nice. "Are there scars?" Scott asked, reading a comment.

"Yes, the one on my leg is too high to show, but here's the shoulder one." I got a bit closer to the camera and pointed at the scar, which was located right below my collarbone.

"Are you planning on releasing the album?" Mitch asked.
"Yes! We are currently working on the album and it should be out in late September," Kirstie responded.

"Is there going to be a song about this situation on the album?" Kevin asked.

"That's a really good one," Scott said.

"I think that there probably will be, since it was such a big event in all of our lives," Avi responded.

"How did you react when you got the news?" Kevin read. "Well, I was there and my heart shattered."

"I was there as well and I remember pleading for the man to stop, hoping that it was all a dream," Avi said.
"I burst into tears and broke a vase," Mitch said.
"I was sobbing so hard Jeremy had to drive me to the hospital to see her," Kirstie said.
"I was in shock. Mitch had to slap me very hard to get me to get my butt in gear," Scott said.

"I passed out," I said, a smile forming on my face.

"Well, guys, we love you. Thanks for understanding," Scott said before ending the video.