Baby

Avi's PoV

September 24, 2018

I woke up in the middle of the night to my phone ringing obnoxiously. I groaned and answered.

"Hello?" I asked groggily.

"Kirstie's going into labor, we're heading to the hospital," Jeremy said frantically.

"Alright, we're on our way."
I jumped up out of bed and ran around the hall to Kevin's room. I flashed his lights until he woke up. "What's your problem, man?" Kevin asked, pulling a pillow over his face.
"Kirstie's in labor. Get dressed." Kevin jumped up and ran to his closet.

I ran into Victoire's room and turned on her light. "Avriel!" she yelled, covering her eyes.
"Kirstie's in labor." She groggily gets up and heads to her closet.

I go back to my room and get dressed. I pull on a pair of jeans and a flannel. I put my phone in my pocket and go to Vic's room. She's dressed in shorts and a long sleeve shirt, her hair pulled into a messy bun. I squeeze her shoulder and we walk downstairs and Kevin throws me my keys. We get into my car and I hop in the driver's seat. Kevin rides shotgun and begins texting Scott and Mitch, who are also on the way to the hospital.

We head off. I glance at the mirror reflecting Victoire asleep in the back of the car. I smile and return my eyes to the road. It begins raining as we approach the hospital. Pouring, really. I park the car and the lights come on, waking Victoire.

"I have a jacket in the floor back there, it's pouring so put it on."

Victoire puts the jacket on and pulls on the hood. We all run to the hospital, but get soaked.

A desk worker gives us Kirstie's room number and we head up to her room. The door is open and I walk in first. Kirstie is standing up and talking to a nurse.

"Hey guys," she says with a laugh.

"How close are you?" Kevin asks.

"It looks like it's going to be a while. You guys can stay in here for a while but will have to leave when it gets close." We nod. Jeremy is sitting on the edge of the bed, so Kevin and I sit in the two chairs in the corner and Vic sits on the floor and leans against us.

Scott and Mitch show up not much later. Scott and Kirstie talk while Mitch comes over to us. "Hey, crew," he says, then a perplexed look crosses his face. "Where's Victoire?"

We both point at the floor where Victoire is leaning against our legs, fast asleep.

He laughs and then covers his mouth. We wait for a couple hours, the morning light brightening the harsh lights of the hospital. A nurse came in and checked Kirstie out.
"Alright, I'm going to have to ask all everyone to leave, except for, who dear?" the nurse asked.

"I want Jeremy, Esther, and my mom in here."

I leaned down and shook Victoire awake. I helped her raise from the floor and we walked out into the waiting room. She leaned up against me and I wrapped my arm around her, making sure she didn't fall out of the chair.

An hour later and Angelica Maria Lewis was introduced to the world. Kirstie was holding her close to her chest, her crying coming to an abrupt halt. Jeremy sat on the edge of the bed, rubbing her head gently, tears coming from both of their eyes. I looked over at Victoire, who was tearing up at well.

Kirstie handed Jeremy their baby and he cradled her in his arms. "Hi Angelica. I'm going to take care of you, I promise."

"Do you want to hold her?" Kirstie asked Vic gently. She nodded and Jeremy handed over their baby.

"She's so pretty," Victoire said, laughing gently.

"Just like her mommy," Jeremy said, grabbing Kirstie's hand. 

We all hold Angelica before leaving. We were there all day. Once we got home we all went to bed.