Dates

Victoire's PoV

January 25, 2018

I wake up late. Not a good habit to have, but a hard one to shake. I open my phone and see I have a text from Asa. 

"If you're free today, do you want to go out to dinner?" 

I smile and reply. "I'm free. Pick me up at 6?"

"Yep :D." I laugh and set my phone down. It was already noon. 

I walked out of my room and around the hall. Kevin was nowhere to be seen, but Avi was in his room eating Mac & Cheese and watching a cooking show. I stood in the doorway. "Hey, I may or may not have acquired a date for tonight." 
He looks at me, his eyes seeming to grow 50 times bigger than before. 
"Don't act so surprised, Avriel!" I crossed my arms. 
"I'm not surprised, just perplexed." 

"Avriel, I know what that word means!" I walk over and gently hit him. "What are you watching?" 
"Kitchen Nightmares, you can watch if you want." 

I lay down beside him on his bed and watch as Gordon Ramsey saves relationships, love, and restaurants. "That was a trip," I say once the show was over. 

"What a legend," Avi says. 

I get off his bed. "I'm going to eat lunch and then take a shower." 

After my shower I change into skinny jeans and a sweater. 

I kill time until 6, when I hear the door ring. "Don't get it; it's for me!" I scream as I bundle down the stairs. I open the door and see Asa standing outside with a bundle of roses. I smile as he hands me the bouquet. 

"You're too sweet," I say putting the flowers in a vase in the kitchen. 

"Not too sweet, I hope," Avi says from the stairs. 

Asa gulps. "Never too sweet, sir." 

Avi laughs. "I'm just playing with you, kid. Have her home by 11." 

I give Avi a hug. Outside there was a black car. I got into the passenger seat and Asa got into the driver's. He drove to Olive Garden. 

"I love this restaurant," I squealed. 

He had already made a reservation, so we got seated immediately. 

After dinner we went roller skating. It was a nice end to the night. Like Avi asked, I was home by 11. 
"I had a really nice time," I said once we were on the porch. 

"As did I," he replied. 

He grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him, gently kissing my cheek. We locked eyes before lips. Our arms intertwined and we stayed like this for a while. Once we released, we parted ways. 

I unlocked the door and Avi and Kevin were on the couch. I yelped and dropped my keys on the floor. "You scared me!" I whisper-screamed. 

"You know we have windows, right?" Kevin asked. 

My face flushed. "I'm going to bed," I say before running up the stairs.