Music Videos

December 1, 2018

Today the band was filming a music video for one of their Christmas songs. "Victoire! Time to go!" Kevin yelled from downstairs. I put on my coat and grabbed my scarf. Avi was driving today. Kevin gave Avi directions and we headed to the filming location.

I sneezed. "Are there any napkins up there or anything?" I asked. Kevin looked around and handed me a little bag of tissues. "Thanks," I said before blowing my nose. 

Avi looked at me through the mirror. "You okay, Vic?" he asked. 

"Yeah." 

We got to the location and we all took in the beauty. They were doing an outside shoot and the scenery was gorgeous. I sneezed. And sneezed. And sneezed. Everyone stared at me. "I think I'm getting a cold," I said with a laugh. 

We began to shoot the video and it looked really good. I took pictures of the shoot and put my camera back in Avi's car. The band was taking a quick break. They were sitting on the ground and I sat down beside Kirstie. "Hey, Hun," she said while rubbing my back. "I think I have blankets in my car if you want to take a nap while we finish this." 

I stood up. "Thank you, Kirstie." I got into the back of her car and laid down across the seats. Before I could even get comfortable, I was asleep. 

Kirstie's PoV

The director called a wrap and it was time to go home. Scott and Mitch were riding home with me. I looked in the back of my car and Victoire was out cold. "Hey, is it okay if Vic rides home with us?" I ask the boys. Everyone agrees and the three of us climb into my car. Scott gets in the back with Victoire. Mitch rides shotgun. I turn on some Christmas  music and turn back to Scott. 

"Make sure she has her seat belt on." 

Scott shakes Victoire, who groggily sits up and puts on her seat belt. She was out immediately after.  

"Have you guys decided what you're doing for Christmas?" I asked. 

"We'll probably have a party on Christmas Eve and fly home for Christmas," Mitch said. 

"I think Jeremy and I are going to visit our parents before Christmas and celebrate Christmas together."

I looked in the mirror and Scott was asleep as well.
"Mitch, look." Mitch turned around a laughed. He took a picture and posted it. 

When we reached Avi's house, I shook Vic awake. "Hey, baby, we're at your house," I said gently. She groaned and stretched out. 
"Thanks for the ride, guys. See you later. Love you." 

Kevin's PoV

Victoire loudly came into the house and threw herself on our couch. "You okay, Vic?" I asked from the kitchen. Victoire groaned. Hearing the commotion, Avi came downstairs. 

"Everyone alright, what's happening?" he asked. 
"I think Victoire's sick." Avi walked over to her and put his hand on her forehead. 

"She's burning up, get some Ibuprofen. I'll get a cold washcloth," Avi said before running upstairs. 

I went into the kitchen and got some medicine and a glass of water. "Take these," I said. Victoire gingerly took the medicine and handed me back the cup before turning away from me and curling into a ball. 

"Hurry up, Avi!" I yelled to him upstairs. Avi came running down the stairs and put the washcloth on Victoire's forehead. 

"I'm cold," Victoire said, her teeth chattering. 
Avi pushed his hair back. "You get some blankets and a pillow and I'll text... Kirstie. She'll know what to do." 

I ran upstairs to Vic's room and grabbed a quilt and her favorite pillow. I brought the two downstairs and she put the pillow under her head while I put the blanket on her. "Kirstie says to wait for the medicine to kick in and her fever break. She'll start sweating. Just keep her hydrated and comfortable, really." 

"Do you need anything?" Avi asked. 

"My back hurts. Everything hurts." 
Avi lifted up the pillow and her head and sat down while placing the two on his lap. Victoire turned away from him and Avi rubbed her back. Her fever broke within the next hour. I kept getting her fresh washcloths while she slept on Avi. He eventually fell asleep, too. I took a picture to send to Kirstie, but right now it was late. 

I shook Avi awake. "Hey it's like almost midnight." 

"Will you carry her up to bed?" he asked. 

I nodded and picked her up off of Avi. She woke, but just leaned into my arms. When I reached her bedroom, I put her on her bed and she crawled into a comfortable position. "Goodnight, Kevin. Thank you." 

She was asleep before I could switch off the lights.