XXI.

Beyoncé.

It's been a month and still no word from Shawn, at all. It was getting cold outside, and fast. I've always hated the cold anyway. That's why I plan on moving after college.

I still haven't told anyone else about my pregnancy for the simple fact that they might react like Shawn or worse. But, I plan on telling my mom soon at least.

"You okay?" Kelly asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I half smiled.

"You sure? Because I've called your name at least 10 times."

I laughed. "Sorry, I was thinking about something."

"Or someone...?"

"Kelendria."

"Just give him time."

"Fuck him and his time."

She only laughed and kept driving. I spent the night at her house yesterday and we rode to school together. Now, she's taking me home.

"Anyway, thanksgiving is coming up..."

"And?"

"We could tell them."

"Aww that's so soon. I'm scared kels."

"I get it but they have to realize we are grown and even if they get mad we still have to go through this."

"You're right. We can tell them."

"Good."

We pulled up to my building and she parked in the front.

"Thanks Kelly," I gave her a hug and got out. "I'll call you later." After I shut the door I made my way up the elevator.

I went straight to my room and took my clothes off and got in bed.

I laid on my back and rubbed small circles on my stomach. "We're going to be alright." I whispered to the baby.

I just got in from class and I'm tired as hell. I'll relax for a few minutes then I will make something to eat. I ain't the best cook in the world but I can do a little something something.

After chilling for an hour or so, I went to the kitchen and preheated the oven. Then, started seasoning the chicken. I'm going to make some oven fried chicken. It's healthier than frying it in oil. I'm not on a diet or anything, I just wanted to try it.

I used all the seasonings that Mama used to. And coated the wings with Panko.

As soon as I put the chicken in the oven, the doorbell rung and I reluctantly went to go get it.

I opened the door and saw Jay standing there, he immediately hugged me and kissed me. He pushed my back against the wall and he kicked the door shut.

"Stop." I said breaking the kiss.

"I'm sorry." He whispered with his forehead on mine. He tried to kiss me again but I put my hand over his mouth.

"A month, Shawn? Really?"