XXVI.

Shawn, 3:12.

"Bey, I'm sorry I really can't make it to this one." I said to holding the phone between my cheek and shoulder. I'm rushing to get dressed and shit, I'm late.

"But, I find out the gender." She whined.

"You can tell me when I come over, right babe?"

"What's more important than us, Shawn?" I internally groaned and rolled my eyes.

"Nothing, Beyoncé. I just have some very important business to tend to."

"Ugh, are you ever going to get a real job?"

I was thoroughly confused at first then I realized I say the same shit when I go out on the block. "What you mean? This shits puts food on the table." I said trying not to laugh. I was trying to make her think I really was going to deal with some street shit.

"You cannot be this stupid."

"I'm not."

"Okay, I'll talk to you later."

"Don't be mad at me, babyyyyy."

"I'm not." She mocked me.

I shook my head and chuckled. "Aight then, I love you."

"I love you too." She mumbled. Her attitude started out as cute but being pregnant is a totally different story. Sometimes she makes me want to rip my hair out, I wouldn't trade her for the world though.

7:45pm.

I got off of the elevator and made my way to Bey's door.

"Beyoooooncé!" I sang walking in.

"What?" She answered dryly. I barely even heard her over all that attitude.

"Oop, who got your panties in a wad?" I asked with a smirk.

She rolled her eyes. "Nobody."

"Aye ma, stop with all this tude." I kissed her lips but she kept a straight face. "How was the appointment?"

"Fine."

"You going to tell me the gender?"

"You can find out at the baby shower, just like everyone else that wasn't at my Doctor's appointment." She said rolling her eyes again.

"WOOOWWW! I had a job interview, do I get a pass?"

She gasped. "I'm so sorry! Why didn't you tell me?!" She leaned up and hit my shoulder and laid right back down. "Did you get it?"

"It was a surprise and I don't know, they have to call me. Now can you tell me the gender?"

"Nope. I like the idea of you not knowing." She sat up and kissed my lips repeatedly.

"Nah, move." I said turning my head.

"Aww, you mad?" She asked and started licking all over my lips and neck.

"No, but I wish you'd stop."

"Stop what?" She whispered in my ear.

"Stop licking me, you ain't no damn dog." I laughed and she backed up. "Sike babe, I'm just playing. I want you to lick me."

"I don't want to anymore. Did you bring food?"

"No, fatty."

She sucked her teeth and got up. "Where are you going?" I asked following her with my eyes.