Chapter 13

Blake knocks on MIW's bus door the next day. The door is opened by MIW's tour manager.

"'Sup?" Josh asks.

"Hey, is Chris here? I need to talk to him." Blake says.

"Yeah, sure. Chris!"

Chris then appears, "Yeah? Oh, hey, Blake."

"Hey. Can I steal you a minute?"

"Yeah, sure."

Chris steps outside with Blake and shuts the bus door behind him.

"What's up?"

"Uh, well, I just wanted to apologize for being such a bitch last night. I was just in kind of a bad mood and shouldn't have taken it out on you."

"Oh, no worries, it happens. You're new to the touring world and sometimes it gets a little overwhelming."

"Yeah, tell me about it."

"I figured that was why you weren't in a great mood. It's okay, really."

Blake exhales, "Thanks so much for understanding."

Chris smiles, "Of course, Blake."

They step forward and hug...for a pretty long time. Chris finds himself tightening his grip on Blake's small torso and inhaling the sweet scent of Blake's red hair. It smelled like strawberries. Blake nuzzles into Chris' chest and exhales, not noticing how Chris was acting. All Blake could focus on was how right this felt.

They force themselves to break the embrace, but their faces only come about six inches away from each other.

Chris swallows, "You feeling better today?"

Blake blinks a few times, trying to come back to reality, "Um...y-yeah, actually. Thank you."

They stare at each other a little while longer...and Chris finds himself wanting to lean in.

Someone then clears their throat.

Chris and Blake come apart and turn around to see Hunter. Blake mentally facepalms and Chris' face turns red.

"Hey, Hunter." Chris says.

"Blake, can I steal you back here, please?" Hunter asks, not sounding happy.

Blake nods and looks to Chris, "I'll see you later."

Chris nods and returns to MIW's bus. Blake walks up to Hunter and tries to act nonchalant.

"What's up?"

"Um, what the Hell was that?"

"What was what?"

"That little moment you were having with Chris."

"What moment?"

"That moment."

"So we hugged? What's the big deal?"

"That was not a hug. That was an embrace."

Blake's eyebrows furrow in confusion, "Huh?"

"Is there something going on between you and Chris?"

"What?! Why the Hell would you think that?!"

"Well, you two just seem awful close. You definitely seemed close from what I saw; a little too close for my liking."

"Believe me, Hunter, I know all about your little rule."

"So then you know that nothing can happen with the two of you, right?"

"Right. Because that would prevent something from happening with him and you."