Chapter 19 (Explicit Content)

The last show of the tour was extremely bittersweet. The bands did get a hotel though so they could celebrate and all hang out one last time that night. Mara, Alice and Reed had said nothing more to Chris about the situation with Blake and made no other attempts to kill him. The ball was in Chris' court now. Chris still wasn't entirely sure, but he knew that today was his last chance. Even though he still wasn't sure, he figured he may as well try...

So backstage, before the show...Chris walks up to Hunter.

"Hey."

Hunter looks to him and smiles, "Hey."

"Any word about Elijah?"

Hunter nods, "He's doing a lot better. He'll even be back to school and Monday and he and his girlfriend got back together."

"That's great! We were all really worried."

Hunter nods, "I know, and I really appreciate your concern. You're a good guy, Chris." She says before hugging him.

When they come apart, they stare at each other a moment and Chris awkwardly shoves his hands in his pockets.

"So, um...it sucks that this tour is ending. I mean, as weird as you people are, this has been one of the funnest tours we've been on."

Hunter laughs, "It was really fun for us too. We definitely need to stay in touch and tour together again some time. Maybe next time, we'll have you guys supporting our headliner."

Chris smiles, "We'd totally be down for that."

"I'll send a message to management."

Chris chuckles, then gives a sad smile, "I'm, um...I-I'm really gonna miss you..."

Hunter smiles in return, "I'm gonna miss you too, Chris. I loved being here with you."

They hug again. When they come apart, they're only a few inches apart. Chris stares at Hunter intently, but Hunter begins to just look confused. Chris leans in...then finally kisses her. Hunter just stiffens, and she keeps her eyes wide open. Chris then breaks the kiss and steps back, sensing Hunter's discomfort.

Hunter stares at Chris a moment, then she speaks, "Oh my God..." She says, running a hand through her hair, "Ohhhh my God, it's true."

"What's true? Did they tell you?"

"They?"

Shit.

"No, no, Blake thought that there may have been something going on with you and me, that you may have had feelings for me. I insisted it wasn't true, but...is it?"

Chris sighs, "Well, speaking of Blake, I've sort of been toggling feelings between you and..."

Hunter blinks, "Oh."

There's a pause.

Hunter takes a breath, "Okay...Be honest, that kiss didn't feel right, did it? It's not just me thinking this, right?"

"No, it isn't."

Hunter nods, "You've become a really good friend of mine, Chris, and I'm happy to have a friend like you, but..."

Chris nods, "It's just not right...That's why I did it though, to see if it would be."

Hunter nods. There's a pause.

"You know who might feel right though?" Hunter asks, "Blake."

"Does Blake...?"

"I think so."