Chapter three

Oh holy crapcakes on Sunday morning. Well, I wasn't expecting that. My face shaped into an o and his face fell. He sighed, "Well, crap, I guess I shouldn'tof told you that. Nevermind."

I said, "No no Jake. it's just that I just met you and I rather take things slow. I feel this pull to you and I have no idea what it means. You said you love this other girl. I don't want to get involved with someone who loves someone else. There's no point in doing because someone is going to end up with a broken heart. It'll end up being me."

He grinned and said, "Alright, I'll prove that I really like you. Until then, best friends?"

"Oh, I don't know. You didn't save me from Paul. I believe Embry is my best friend. Sorry, Jakey."

He frowned and said, "Well, okay. I see how it is." I grinned and his phone ringed.

He held up a finger, shhhhingme. I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out. He said, "Hello? Oh hey Bella. What's up? You need us. Bella, what the hell is going on? Vampires coming here for you and Danni. How the hell do you know about Danni? Well, how does the redhead bloodsucker know about Danni? Well, we need a stragetic meeting. I am going to keep Danni at her place. Okay see you in an hour."

I said, "Jake, I don't want to go back to Emily's. I want to know what the hell is going on. And now. So fessup."

He said, "Well, see, there's this vampire who is going after Bella and she smelt your scent and is going after you too. This bloodsucker now made this whole army of newborn vampires and they are coming after you and Bella. It's a game and I don't want you in it. So you are going back to Emily's."

I said, "Jake, I'm already involved. If you don't let me, then I will get Paul or Embry to bring me. It's your choice but either way, I'm going." I crossed my arms over my chest and stared him down. He sighed and muttered, "So much like Bella."

I shuddered, "Ew. No I am not. I am not a lifeless, bland, leech loving, heart breaker. Don't think I haven't heard you compare me to Bella since I met you. I haven't known you for two days and I am already sick of it."

He said,"Danielle, shut up you have no clue wha she's been through. It;s been a helluva lot worse then your daddy beating you." His words stung like one of my father's slaps. I looked up at him with a wounded expression and I hardened over and slapped him. HIs face flew backward and I ran back to the cliffs, with tears streaming down my face. Jacob called, "Wait, Danni! I didn'r mean that."

I yelled back, "Call me Danielle. Only my friends can call me Danni." I started running until I could see the guys and Leah. Leah came up and said, :Danni, I am so sorry. Please stop crying."

I smiled through my tears and said, "It's fine. I forgave you the minute you said it. You're not the reason I was crying."

She growled at Jacob as Jacob walked out of theforest towards the spot by me. Ifrowned and said, "Embry come sit next to me." pointing to the seat beside me. He sat and Jake said, "Look Danni. I am sorry. I didn;t mean it."

I snarled, "Look, Jacob. I opened myself up to ypu and then you use my words againist me and tell me I haven't been through enouhg pain as Dearest Bella. so shut up and leave me alone. Don't ever talk to me again."